• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC2006 still happening...

J

-JJ-

Guest
From Trevor:

Originally posted by Trevor
Hey JJ,

Good to hear from you man.

Sorry we haven't been around the boards for a while - lots has been
happening here and we are in quite a different situation to where we were on
WCR.

I have to be very careful how much information I give out - any info about
the game must come from Hip.

As regards your specific questions:

1. Will it [Rugby Challenge 2006] come out at all in the forseeable future?
All I can really say is that we're working on a title called Rugby Challenge
2006 - I really have to leave it to Hip to communicate when it will come
out.

2. If yes, can you give an approximate date or month as to when it will be?
See previous answer. 
<


3. Will the southern hemisphere see it then or later?
That I really do not know. I have no idea how Hip distribute in
Australia/NZ, so I'm not sure how it will come to market.

We'd love to come by the boards and discuss the game with you all - like we
did on WCR - but we are not able to this time. Contractual commitments limit
what we are able to say.

Sorry I could not give you more information.

Kindest regards,

Trev

PS. Enjoy BLIC in the meantime. 
<
 
L

Los Lover

Guest
Originally posted by JJ-+Aug 24 2005, 04:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Aug 24 2005, 04:45 PM)</div>
From Trevor:

<!--QuoteBegin-Trevor
Hey JJ,

Good to hear from you man.

Sorry we haven't been around the boards for a while - lots has been
happening here and we are in quite a different situation to where we were on
WCR.

I have to be very careful how much information I give out - any info about
the game must come from Hip.

As regards your specific questions:

1. Will it [Rugby Challenge 2006] come out at all in the forseeable future?
All I can really say is that we're working on a title called Rugby Challenge
2006 - I really have to leave it to Hip to communicate when it will come
out.

2. If yes, can you give an approximate date or month as to when it will be?
See previous answer. 
<


3. Will the southern hemisphere see it then or later?
That I really do not know. I have no idea how Hip distribute in
Australia/NZ, so I'm not sure how it will come to market.

We'd love to come by the boards and discuss the game with you all - like we
did on WCR - but we are not able to this time. Contractual commitments limit
what we are able to say.

Sorry I could not give you more information.

Kindest regards,

Trev

PS. Enjoy BLIC in the meantime. 
<
[/b]
well, why!!!??????????

that makes nos ense to me. It's all jragon terms but the underlying logic of why that information couldn't be shared by SOMEONE doesn't seem to fit with me.

Have a think about it.
 
K

kaftka

Guest
Just legal stuff. I'm glad Trevor made it perfectly clear (to me) about where he stands, and what is happening (sort of). Unlike other 'beat around the bush' developers.
 
M

myusernameisprettybland

Guest
this basically says - cant talk, tape on mouth.

as for hip i can see why their canadian branch went under. they dont talk about anything to anyone so the public dont even know theres a game coming out.
 
S

Serge

Guest
Originally posted by Los Lover+Aug 24 2005, 04:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Aug 24 2005, 04:28 PM)</div>
Originally posted by JJ-@Aug 24 2005, 04:45 PM
From Trevor:

<!--QuoteBegin-Trevor

Hey JJ,

Good to hear from you man.

Sorry we haven't been around the boards for a while - lots has been
happening here and we are in quite a different situation to where we were on
WCR.

I have to be very careful how much information I give out - any info about
the game must come from Hip.

As regards your specific questions:

1. Will it [Rugby Challenge 2006] come out at all in the forseeable future?
All I can really say is that we're working on a title called Rugby Challenge
2006 - I really have to leave it to Hip to communicate when it will come
out.

2. If yes, can you give an approximate date or month as to when it will be?
See previous answer. 
<


3. Will the southern hemisphere see it then or later?
That I really do not know. I have no idea how Hip distribute in
Australia/NZ, so I'm not sure how it will come to market.

We'd love to come by the boards and discuss the game with you all - like we
did on WCR - but we are not able to this time. Contractual commitments limit
what we are able to say.

Sorry I could not give you more information.

Kindest regards,

Trev

PS. Enjoy BLIC in the meantime. 
<
well, why!!!??????????

that makes no sense to me. [/b]
I don't see how it could be explained any clearer.

Good to see they are still working on the title, but it seems worrying that they don't know if their publisher deals with NZ and Australia, you would think you would do a little research into your publisher before choosing them
<
(I realise they may have had limited options, but still).
 
C

captainamerica

Guest
Thanks for the post, JJ.

Well, thank the sweet lord for that: It's definitely called Rugby Challenge 2006.

I was worried Los was going to weasel his way into their company and we'd be seeing:














LOS LOVER'S RUGBY BRILLIANCE EXTRAORDINAIRE

COMING SOON!


Actually, come to think of it, I'd probably buy that.
 
E

esoj

Guest
lol good stuff captain. Los can come on bit to strong sometimes but he does have some brilliant gaming knowledge.

good news that the game is coming out sometime. pity that their contract limits what they can actually tell us. as for the aus/nz ditribution hopefully someone mainstream does it and that lots of stock is available othwerwise we will have to hope stores lik gameplanet import it or the other option will be buying from overseas.

good call by trev on blic thoroughly enjoying it at the moment
 
A

ak47

Guest
Good update

even tho they cant say much atleast we aint left in the dark, as to why and as to whether they are still workning on it

I am big fans of Los and Captains postings

When Los came I thought the Captain had a new challenger (by way off entertaining posts)

I never knew it would come true and the battle would begin
<


I cant wait to see the forthcomings of this thread...I wish there was a betting market
<


People will gather for the battle, and not any RC2006 news.
 
L

locksley

Guest
Just had some disturbing news.....

I don't know how true it is, but my contact (who i got all my rugby 2004, 2005 and RL info & screens from etc) has told me that Rugby Challenge 2006 has been cancelled!
<


I hope it's not true, but I wouldn't like to bet against it!
 
K

kaftka

Guest
<


Lalala!!! I can't hear you!!


That is seriously bad news. Surely not the day after we heard there was a bit of life stirring in it.
 
E

esoj

Guest
maybe they are changing publishers again. it seems werid though since jj got word that the game was still being made. I guess if is cancelled there will be an anouncement soon
 
G

Gay-Guy

Guest
OMG!

Surely not!

Well I suppose more will become clearer in the next week for you Locks.


Anyway me and the boys are still quite happy playing R2005 with no dive tackles. Feels great and we still discover different ways to strategise every couple of weeks
 
S

Serge

Guest
Originally posted by locksley@Aug 25 2005, 09:03 PM
Just had some disturbing news.....

I don't know how true it is, but my contact (who i got all my rugby 2004, 2005 and RL info & screens from etc) has told me that Rugby Challenge 2006 has been cancelled!
<


I hope it's not true, but I wouldn't like to bet against it!
Most times I haven't believed you and every time you've been right, so maybe this time if I believe you maybe you won't be right.
<
Fingers crossed.
 
E

esoj

Guest
that would be great. it would have to be a sales problem for the game to be cancelled imo because money won't be a problem with swordfish being bought out by vivendi who are quite big in the industry.
 
L

Los Lover

Guest
Originally posted by captainamerica@Aug 25 2005, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the post, JJ.

Well, thank the sweet lord for that: It's definitely called Rugby Challenge 2006.

I was worried Los was going to weasel his way into their company and we'd be seeing:














LOS LOVER'S RUGBY BRILLIANCE EXTRAORDINAIRE

COMING SOON!


Actually, come to think of it, I'd probably buy that.
<


<


I guess I deserved that one..lol!

Booyaa!!

anyway, If I could edit the teams for you and give you back the game so that you could play the enhanced version w/out having to edit it yourself, I'd do it......Straight up.


and caps, I am abit worried about the south africa prediction hot on the heels of you backing those world beating Lions....
<
 
L

Los Lover

Guest
Originally posted by ak47@Aug 25 2005, 03:36 PM
Good update

even tho they cant say much atleast we aint left in the dark, as to why and as to whether they are still workning on it

I am big fans of Los and Captains postings

When Los came I thought the Captain had a new challenger (by way off entertaining posts)

I never knew it would come true and the battle would begin
<


I cant wait to see the forthcomings of this thread...I wish there was a betting market
<


People will gather for the battle, and not any RC2006 news.
oh, thanks esoj.... (above post) and on your post ak, no way bro.....

I'd be like Vader, secretly respecting Luke (Caps) and therefore unable to finish him etc....Then the emperor (NZL fan) would electricute me in a cruel twist on the original plot line!

I ain't going out like that.....ain't going out like that....

As soon as vader chooses to fight he is doomed, thus I might keep my saber sheathed.


<


You know what I mean.
 
C

captainamerica

Guest
All in good fun, Lover.
<


And thanks for the offer to boost my players stats. Maybe I'll give it a go properly if I can get past the eyebrow screen and not worry that the players won't look exactly right.

But...

Originally posted by Los Lover@Aug 25 2005, 11:49 PM
and caps, I am abit worried about the south africa prediction hot on the heels of you backing those world beating Lions....
<


must...fight...the...urge to turn into... CAPTAINSOUTHAFRICA Listen to me, you Les Liver, I'm telling you die bokkies reign supreme! I apologize, I'll keep it back on topic.

Locks, for the love of Gud man, tell us what you find out. Hopefully the axe hasn't already fallen. Cause if Trev & Ian didn't see it coming than this is really a sorry state of affairs.
 
K

kaftka

Guest
Originally posted by Los Lover+Aug 25 2005, 11:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Aug 25 2005, 11:53 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Aug 25 2005, 03:36 PM
Good update

even tho they cant say much atleast we aint left in the dark, as to why and as to whether they are still workning on it

I am big fans of Los and Captains postings

When Los came I thought the Captain had a new challenger (by way off entertaining posts)

I never knew it would come true and the battle would begin
<


I cant wait to see the forthcomings of this thread...I wish there was a betting market 
<


People will gather for the battle, and not any RC2006 news.
oh, thanks esoj.... (above post) and on your post ak, no way bro.....

I'd be like Vader, secretly respecting Luke (Caps) and therefore unable to finish him etc....Then the emperor (NZL fan) would electricute me in a cruel twist on the original plot line!

I ain't going out like that.....ain't going out like that....

As soon as vader chooses to fight he is doomed, thus I might keep my saber sheathed.


<


You know what I mean. [/b]
<
AAwwww, Way to go, nice warning about the spoiler douchebag.







<
 
L

Los Lover

Guest
for better or for worse....right or wrong....I can't deny caps..

I almost ****** myself when I read this...and I was the one geting burned.

<<-Create-a-Lover: customize your very own Los Lover! Which hat will he wear when predicting the Tri-Nations? The derby or the trilby -- you decide!
>>

Now that is class.

<
 

Latest posts

Top