• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC4 PC Asset Modding RELEASE

colossss

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
After a lot of hunting I found the most valuable piece of information over at and AFL Evo 2 forum. I CANNOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS! All credit must go to the man himself "netslave" on the "bigfooty" forums.

Debrief / How this works: This works different to what we were used to with RC3. There a few steps initially to set everything up BUT once it's set up, it's actually a WHOLE lot easier / jpeg friendlier (no more pssg / dds etc.) and there are SOO many things that we can manipulate that I'm excited to see you guys (and myself) go for it. :)

Please follow this link and watch his video with instructions HERE (7th post down the page) and follow EXACTLY what he says BUT every time he says / writes "afl" I want you to replace this with "Rugby".

That's all! Goodluck and again, I'm excited to see what work we can all do! :cool:

Copied from URL:

download Fmodel from https://github.com/iAmAsval/FModel
grab u4pak file from the file attachment in this post, it's a .zip file you'll need to extract the 2 files inside
download Unreal Engine from https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/ and install v4.22.3
open up Fmodel and select afl evo2 .pak file
find the jumper textures you want to change and right-click save-image for each one
when you're done close Fmodel and open up the Fmodel/output/icons folder for your image files
edit your image files in photoshop, paint.net, gimp etc. and save
open up unreal engine and start a new blank project with no starter content
delete all the world content so it's completely blank then drag your edited texture files into ue4
save the textures images and select them all then Cook Content for Windows
once it completes the Cooking process right click on one of your textures and click Show in Explorer
click on your project name folder in the location bar in explorer and then Saved-Cooked-WindowsNoEditor-Import-Content
open up a new copy of explorer and create a new folder somewhere and then copy the 2 u4pak files from the .zip you grabbed earlier into it
in your new folder you now need to create a directory structure that is the same as where you saved the files in from Fmodel,
so open Fmodel and navigate to the folder where you took the textures from and replicate the folder structure
ie. in the new folder you created you need to add /afl/Content/Afl/cmn_con/player/textures/clothes/afl_melb
copy all the Cooked files from ue4 into the new folder you just created then go back to the root of that folder
run u4pak.cmd and it should flash up a command prompt for a second and then build the new .pak file
go into your steam folder and find afl evo2, usually something like Steam/steamapps/common/afl evolution 2/afl/content/paks
copy the new .pak file you just created into the folder with the existing afl evo 2 .pak file
job done, go play the game

If you're still confused go watch the video again

EQUIPE DE FRANCE 2021

DOWNLOAD

Access path :
[Your steam installation path]\Steam\steamapps\common\Rugby Challenge 4\Rugby\Content\Paks

Good Game ;)
Great work. Just wondering whether you have tried uploading to the Fanhub and then seeing if someone with a console can download it and play a game without the game crashing?

It was working fine earlier - but after I installed the above french kit (i don't know if this has anything to do with it but was the only thing I changed) now I get an error when trying to extract the textures. When I click on them, FModel gives me an error "Must specify valid information in the string. (Parameter "value")" and when I click save it says "there are currently no data to save".

I've no idea what the problem is or how to solve it?

It was working fine earlier - but after I installed the above french kit (i don't know if this has anything to do with it but was the only thing I changed) now I get an error when trying to extract the textures. When I click on them, FModel gives me an error "Must specify valid information in the string. (Parameter "value")" and when I click save it says "there are currently no data to save".

I've no idea what the problem is or how to solve it?
Remove the pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_modname_P.pak file as you'll need to build it again when you're ready. This should fix that issue in fmodel

So put all new kits into that same file rather than lots of individual ones?
Pretty much we're just going to keep adding files that we want and then building them out to that "pakchunk.." file. So will need a new "pakchunk.." file each time

Pretty much we're just going to keep adding files that we want and then building them out to that "pakchunk.." file. So will need a new "pakchunk.." file each time
So it's worth putting the entirety of the path for all kits in for that last step so it's just a case of dragging and dropping to the right place every time?

Latest posts