• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RD Pro12: Cardiff Blues - Munster (23-09-2011, 19:05)

In summary, seriously unlucky on Cardiff, who lose by 5.

Munster got the rubb of the green from the ref (lovely pun seeing as the ref was Irish) for the most part.

Cardiff still should have won with all the possession they had.

Only watched the last 10min, forgot about the game. Can't comment on the referees performance, except that he was awful the last time I saw him referee. Last pass was forward, so right call there, very disappointing though.

Awful match, mostly because of the ineptitude of the ref, lucky win for Munster. I'd be ****** if I was a Blues fan though.

So unlucky at the end there. Penalties killed us and Munster took their chances really well. Was impressed with Munsters 10, except for his kicking out of hand. Refs in the league are generally poor I guess but if Cardiff got the selection correct I'm certain the score would have been different.Da Iawn Munster.

Lads what a win and I say that considering traveling to Wales is hard enough.
Think Keatley's yellow was deserved it was right in front of me but it was a joke for penalty after as Niall Ronan did nothing wrong.
Will give detailed view soon when I relax but will say briefly Hurley really will make Earls earn that 11 jersey back as he was superb tonight
Keatley was superb with the boot and is still learning and well will learn better regards relaxing and not rushing.
Only downside is we may loose Coughlan for few weeks still early to tell but may be a 2-4 weeks break

Wow .... simply wow ... you called the commentators biased for actually being correct when they are being negative about the ref so you are sort of siding with the ref.

Cardiff have not had the rub of the green, whatever way you look at it.

I actually agreed with that in the next post.

The commentator was biased - and that isn't what I said, what I said was that he was talking clap. Which he was.

So unlucky at the end there. Penalties killed us and Munster took their chances really well. Was impressed with Munsters 10, except for his kicking out of hand. Refs in the league are generally poor I guess but if Cardiff got the selection correct I'm certain the score would have been different.Da Iawn Munster.

Agreed.

Munster took their chances and the Blues blew it. Real lack of experience, but this experience will be valuably in adding depth to the Blues squad.

Can I just say also that seeing some comments.
Last pass was well forward and in fairness the Touch Judge had superb view.
And yes the ref was patchy but it was for both sides.
And yes we got rub of green at times but our defense was excellent and some games you just have to grind it out and get a result

Yep Munster just hung in there. Cardiff were inches from having more tries and they overpowered Munster at the breakdown but they blew it by being sloppy. Dan Fish had a very good game for Cardiff except for the forward passes near the end although Cuthbert proobably over ran the last pass.

Positives for Munster were the scrum and Keatleys kicking. If he missed even one out of the 6 Cardiff would have won because they had penalties in front of the posts near the end.

Cardiff were really impressive tonight and played were running really well at times. Cuthbert was a monster and Laulala had a couple of good runs. Unlucky not to get more tries.

For Munster, Hurley was making tackles everywhere and some others showed bouts of class. The defence was quite impressive today. Keatley is starting to get on my ***s, though. Flawless kicking at goal but was absolutely atrocious at kicking at hand (This actually applies for the whole team, but he was the worst offender), and he has been poor at it for the past few games as well. For the first 20 minutes or so we didn't get to test the Cardiff defence at all, because any time he got the ball, he grubber-kicked it ahead.

Well after wrestling to get injury and thinking it out here is my views on the game having seen it in the flesh and watched it again on video.

Starting at the front - I thought our frontrow was very good. WDP is a player who will never stand out but is very steady and was very influential last night. Sherry again had a fine game and got around and while some will say the lineout was off I think it has to be pointed out we only seemed to have 1 option at lineout. Archer was excellent and well couldn't fault him at scrum time either. I for one didn't think he had it in him to be steady at this level but when you combine the influence of BJ Botha and his experience in games at HEC this year he will continue to improve and who knows.
Micko and Billy Holland are 2 that won't let you down and well put in good shifts last night and are vital squad players and last night showed that importance.
Our backrow and well I'll include Ronan and Foley (who went 2nd row) along with 3 starting were very good and well again nothing was major in attack but were very tight and secure in defense and again all (except Coughlan and Ronan to a lesser extent) are young and these type of tight games where they are up against it are really great to experience the young guys and well they'll all benefit.
Williams was ok last night but not as good as his previous cameo's but again maybe never felt 100% starting.
Keatley had a good game and well made some big pressure kicks but will be unhappy with his kicking from hand and parts of his performance in open play. His defense also let him down at times. But in good form and great thing is there is a great base to work from.
Mafi stood up last night and well acted like a senior player and was very solid.
Barnes was slightly quiet but we can't expect him to be excellent in every game as he is still learning and he will learn and be stronger after this game.
Johne Murphy looks like an experienced 15 and again can be happy with his display.
Douggie was looking for work all night and still has that bit of class that can't be thought.
Hurley was my MOTM, superb under kicks, testing in attack and defense was faultless.

On a team note, our defense was superb and scrum was looking like we are over our problems of the past there.

Latest posts