• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Re: Stewart Lancaster

Lardinho

Academy Player
Hello,

Please stop being influenced by your team, one of which has vested interests, and drop young Faz. Billy Twelvetrees is fantastic tactically and defensively and Manu is equally so when he gets the ball but in far different measures. Please also make sure that England play around 10 tests a year maximum and not 12+ leading to major injury, the likes of which we saw to Vickery, Leonard, Corbisiero, Vunipola, Cole, Sheridan, need I name more props? The rest of the park need mention too, please get a 12 year old collate the statistics from the southern hemisphere season, matches played and national injuries compared to their British counterparts. It's not rocket science, the facts are there and will be quite an eye opener.

Also please stop doing a 'Martin Johnson' whereby you pick people on reuptation and not talent, Chris Ashton was bad enough, but now with young Faz it is getting ridiculous, he's not an international 12 and if Ford can't kick, someone else in the backline will.

Your selection of wingers makes me think that you ARE open to talent, the Bath pair are superb and until Yardy is back to full fitness and form, the best two we have, please do not be shy to at any point include the others; Varndell, Strettle, Cipriani. Yes, we all know Danny is a 10, but he's probably the best 10 in the country and if you want to continue with Georgie, then for the love of God, have Cipriani on the bench. Owen Farrell is lovely when he's on form but he's barely a 'game changer', Cipriani is exactly that, especially if he has Manu outside him.

Regarding Sam Burgess, I would do nothing more than spend weeks and weeks teaching the boy how to kick so he can play fullback, as someone who played both codes and started as fullback/wing/centre in union, I can tell you this is the most natural position. He has naturally superb knowledge in defence and will be back for the highball before it is even kicked, but to have someone 'pop' in the line of his size, rather than give him a predetermined position in attack, is your magic. He doesn't have the acceleration of Jason Robinson, but he's built like George North on juice and there's so many options. Please try him once at flanker or no.8 and realise he has 10 years too few experience to play there.

Finally, Stephon....

Get him to Bath this season... even if he cannot qualify to play in the Euro cup. Get him here, he's the best flanker England has and if you do not pick him, as a fan, I am telling you, you are not doing your job properly. **** the politics, he didn't stay at Toulon this year for the fat wage, like before, he WANTED to come to England. RFU stand up and do what you are ****ing paid for.

Regards,

Lardinho.

P.S. Please explain to Sam Burgess that Rugby Union is not a junket that he's been invited too, his arms and general fitness were much better in rugby league as were so many. They, of course, have to adapt to our game, but their general level of fitness should not suffer, so many come to union, relax and rest of their reputation. When Dan Carter started his career he had tiny arms and was wet behind the ears, Sam Burgess at 18 had arms like rhino legs and was a gym freak. Now Sam looks like a wet lettuce and you all see that pic of Dan Carter receiving an award this week? Arms like donkey ********. FITNESS is needed to be better than New Zealand, to beat New Zealand, ENGLAND please work on this, othertwise you're ****ed and I will make sure that I do not financially support you again. The buck stops here.

Last edited:

Latest posts