• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Real rugby boots

DanRees21

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Ospreys
I think it is important to have real boots from Nike, Adidas, Puma etc. i think it adds an extra touch of realism to the game, although some people may not agree. Here is a list of some boots with a couple of players names who wear them:

Adidas Predator X (James Hook)

Adidas Predator RX (Dan Carter, Ronan O`gara, Johnny Wilkinson, Stephen Jones)

Adidas adiZero RS7 (Lee Byrne, Maa Nonu, Keith Earls)

Adidas adiPure R15 (first two pictures) Adidas adiPure Flanker (worn by various forwards)

Nike Mercurial Vapor Superfly ii (Tom Varndell)

Nike laser iii (Toby Flood)

Nike CTR360 Maestri ii (Chris Ashton, Ben Foden)

Nike Tiempo Legend iii (I think Steffon Armitage wears them)

Puma V1.10 (Shane Williams, Shontayne Hape, Jamie Heaslip)

Puma Powercat 1.10 (Jimmy Gopperth only person i could think of off the top of my head)

Under Armour Dominate(Jamie Roberts, Mike Tindall)

Sorry for the lack of knowledge of what boots Southern hemisphere players wear but i hope hb studios take a look at this. Feel free to add more boots to list or more players names to the boots they wear.

Not sure about this. Seems like a waste of resources.

Would be better than in rugby 08 where all you had was the All Blacks wearing Adidas boots and then the rest of the teams wore EA Boots, but if they had to put specific boots on specific players, would seem like a waste

I'm all for added things like this but gameplay is the first priority... If the gameplay is mint and there's still time and money to spare then yeah sure but i'd prefer licensed teams ahead of licensed boots

Not gonna happen, they'll be lucky to have any real players in their game for starters.

What I dont get is, that half those boots are technically illegal in rugby, your not supposed to be allowed to use blades....

They are all legal iirc as they are half blade half stud, so considered studs. The Neon Addidas ones posted are wrong the players use the SG versions, aka the Metal stud ones. Also Blades are allowed iirc as long as they are rubber blades

The neon ones posted are rubber, rugby players do use the FG ones as well, but only when the ground is hard - They have rubber tips (well - half of the blade is rubber, only the base is plastic, and the rubber is attached to that)

Also, blades are allowed - if you read the regulations there's no mention of "blades aren't allowed" it just says that all "studs" on the bottom of the boots have to conform to the rules (no sharp edges, no points, must be able to withstand certain amounts of force, must pass stamping and raking tests etc.

as for the book selection, solong as they are realistic i dont care if they are licenced or not. really the boot (or compression gear, head gear) licences are unnessisary, i would rather have more team or stadium licences.

my bad olly wasnt 100% if they used FG boots or whatever as right now they only really use SG and I've always just used the same boots in winter or summer

Looking back at this now i probably shoudnt have used important in the first bit but it would be nice to have boots, but obviously gameplay and licensing teams comes first but maybe they could add boots in a dlc?

Should I get some Ugg boots? Is it acceptable for men to wear them? Am I a twat?

No they are not acceptable. and yes your a twat for even bringing that word up!!!!!:eek:

haha ugly boots!!!!:)

I'm not saying i think UGG Boots should be worn by men but they actually originally were for men aswell.

Boots should be put in the game, and players should be allowed to put a pair of certain boots on their chosen player

Rugby Challenge are allowing fans to choose boots linked to the players who wear them and seeing how they've put emphasis on customization hopefully they'll be available in editing players. Just a FYI don't tear my head off because this is a Rugby 2012 forum.

Latest posts