• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

"Real" World Rankings Top 10

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
I thought about this for a while, and because the IRB rankings are...well, it's nice they're there, and it's not even they're "inaccurate" because in their established system they make sense; but in real actuality, so to speak, obviously some times a team is better than another but will be ranked higher, so there are discrepancies.

So give me your "real" Top 10.
Wins and losses obviously affect this ranking, but the 'intrinsic' quality of the side too. Looking at a team on paper and how you perceive they'll do in the near future and the extent of their potential - that should count too.
e.g.: I think France is better than Australia right now, and it's not all linked merely to what happened the last they met.

PLEASE NOTE
: no arrogance meant at all, these are my humble choices, let's just converse and exchange peacefully : D

Well, here goes:

1- New Zealand
2- South Africa
3- Wales
4- England
5- France
6- Australia
7- Argentina
8- Samoa/Ireland
9- Samoa/Ireland
10- Scotland
(11 - Italy)

Some will have a problem with 7-8-9, but that's just how it seems to me right now. Obviously, the difference in level around those 3 is narrow as hell.

1. New Zealand
2. South Africa
3. Australia
4. Wales
5. England
6. Ireland
7. France
8. Samoa
9. Argentina
10. Scotland
11. Italy
12. Tonga

1. South Africa
2. Blue Bulls
3. Cheetahs
4. Sharks
5. Lions
6. WP
7. NZ
198. France
199. England
200. Australia

1. Wales
168. New Zealand
169. Ireland

loving the random Ireland there : p
Something's not quite right in there btw....can't quite put my finger (or toes for that matter...) on it.

I am not sure that people are entering into the spirit that Yoe meant this thread to go.............so I will..............

1. Isle of Man
2. Jersey
3. Guernsey
4. Lundy
5. Sark
6. Calf of Man
7. Lewis
8. Rockall
9. Arran
10 Skye
(11. England)

1. Minas Tirith
2. Pallett Town
3. Gotham City
4. Kings Landing
5. Boobsville

etc etc

Last edited:
oh I was actually absolutely serious, yes. There isn't anything comical about this thread initially...but hey, if everybody's going to turn it into a joke, so be it : p what can I say..

and in case anybody's wondering, I'm dead srs about my order too. That's actually how I see it right now, yup.
How insane is it that Samoa may be a better team than a number of Tier 1 nations right now ?

Australia may have lost a number of big games recently but they're still better than anything the North has to offer, imo.

oh please man. I'm a Wallaby fan, and I'm not one to draw insane conclusions from a few matches, but surely they'd have tremendous trouble against France or Wales right now. The scrum alone would be a devastating part of the game, and then the latter sides can deploy their quality backs. England would contain them and have their way with their forwards. Right now, I personally see Wales, England and France as better.
Australia can't control the breakdown like they've been known to in recent years (main injuries, wtvr reason) and their backs just aren't as frightening as they were just 2-3 years ago, and before that. Berrick Barnes, Drew Mitchell...Beale's out. They don't have guys like Pocock or Elsom anymore, Quade's just crazy, and guys like Genia can't change a whole game, and others like....what's his name, that sexy blonde chick ? oh yeh, O'Connor, and Ashley-Cooper just aren't as effective when the whole team isn't producing like that. Spotlight's on them, and they're not magicians either..
and it's safe to say at this point in time the pack is a joke. I see what they're trying to do there with the mobile props and all but it just won't cut it, period. This ain't League, it's Union...

1. New Zealand
2. South Africa
3. England
4. Wales
5. Australia
6. France
7. Samoa
8. Ireland
9. Argentina
10. Scotland

I think England deserve to be above Wales as Wales have been very poor outside of the six nations. France has had some bad losses recently but I think that they are really a better side than that. Samoa have been good recently so they deserve to be at least 7th. It's questionable how long they can keep this sort of form going.

I am not sure that people are entering into the spirit that Yoe meant this thread to go.............so I will..............

1. Isle of Man
2. Jersey
3. Guernsey
4. Lundy
5. Sark
6. Calf of Man
7. Lewis
8. Rockall
9. Arran
10 Skye
(11. England)

Haha! Completely agree with this list, except I don't rate Guernsey so highly. I'd replace No.3 with > Mooragh Park Lake Island ;)

Serious list-

1. New Zealand
2. South Africa
3. Australia
4. Wales
5. England
6. France
7. Ireland
8. Argentina
9. Samoa
10. Scotland
11. Italy
12. Tonga
13. Ramsey B team

Last edited:
It really annoys me when I read things like this.

I moved to these forums to get some 'fun' and 'informed' information, discussion and banter from true rugby fans.

It creams my corn when I see people who obviously know nothing about rugby, and just wind people up.

How the hell are Ramsey B team 13th? They're at least 8th!

1. New Zealand
2. South Africa
3. Daylight
4. More Daylight
5. Even More Daylight
6. Australia
7. Wales
8. England
9. Ireland
10. France
11. Samoa
12. Argentina