19. Russia
20. Portugal
21. Uruguay
22. Namibia
23. Spain
24. Belgium
25. Chile

Oh come on, how is Ireland better than France ?! : D
Sure they got a slightly better ranking in the 6N, but still ! I protest !!
And boy, ppl sure aren't rating Argentina these days....goddamnn..

1. New Zealand
2. South Africa
3. Daylight
4. More Daylight
5. Even More Daylight
6. Australia
7. Wales
8. England
9. Ireland
10. France
11. Samoa
12. Argentina

Oh the irony! Having NZ and the term daylight in the same post... I'm sure Mccaw would agree with you...

Oh the irony! Having NZ and the term daylight in the same post... I'm sure Mccaw would agree with you...

Ha ha. I didn't see that.

Anyway, I never treat these sorts of threads with any seriousness.

However, I do think that the Boks and the AB's are streets ahead of the other two in the comp. I expect this weekend to be the toughest test we've had in years.

(I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that the Springboks have not won a test against the All Blacks at Eden Park since 1937!)

However, I do think that the Boks and the AB's are streets ahead of the other two in the comp. I expect this weekend to be the toughest test we've had in years.

(I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that the Springboks have not won a test against the All Blacks at Eden Park since 1937!)

True, But this past Weekend was also the first win we had at the Suncorp stadium. And the First Win in Oz against Oz on the Eastern Side of the Continent.

Also the Bulls won for the first time ever this year in Auckland too, so we are slowly but surely getting rid of these hoodoos...

I find it quite diificult to do; my head tells me Wales should be ahead of France, Scotland and Ireland for example but as a Bok fan I am far more nervous when we are facing France or Ireland and even Scotland in Scotland. I don't really rate Samoa though I know they've had some success of late. I think we'll have to wait and see as I think there is some flux ATM and it'll only be clear where things stand after the AI's. Aus certainly are on a level with France and Wales or even below if they can't adapt to the new scrum setup but we'll have to wait and see as Aus havn't faced them and have coped well in the past when unfancied. I'd put England in third as I think they are the most consistently good of the NH teams though every tier 1 side can produce the goods against any other on the day.

Last edited:
Also, as a Bok fan, I have always rated France as the best of the NH bunch. The only team who can really REALLY pound us in the physical department if they pitch up. NZ have always been number one, and SA have traded places with Australia a lot. As it stands now...

1. NZ
2. SA
3. Wales
4. England
5. France
6. Aus
7. Ireland
8. Argentina
9. Scotland
10. Samoa

I think so anyway...

Also, as a Bok fan, I have always rated France as the best of the NH bunch. The only team who can really REALLY pound us in the physical department if they pitch up. NZ have always been number one, and SA have traded places with Australia a lot. As it stands now...

1. NZ
2. SA
3. Wales
4. England
5. France
6. Aus
7. Ireland
8. Argentina
9. Scotland
10. Samoa

I think so anyway...

oh boy...I like YOU ! Great post, but I must say that even as a fan of the Wallabies, SA has consistently been above them, more so than not. And right now, it's not even debatable.

BUT: Scotland can't be over Samoa man.
And more generally, I repeat: boy oh boy, ppl are seriously giving the Pumas a pounding on this thread !...

They go along with the 'Best XV Ever' threads.

1. NZ
2. SA
3. Wales
4. England
5. France
6. Aus
7. Ireland
8. Argentina
9. Scotland
10. Samoa

I think so anyway...

Only in the pro era. I reckon the 80 years before that belong to SA on balance.

Agreed on France being no 1 of the NH apart from England's golden years leading up to their 2003 RWC ***le. Only NH team where I don't expect an automatic win.

1. New Zealand
2. South Africa
3. England
4. Australia
5. Wales
6. Ireland
7. France
8. Samoa
9. Argentina
10. Scotland
11. Italy
12. Tonga

True, But this past Weekend was also the first win we had at the Suncorp stadium. And the First Win in Oz against Oz on the Eastern Side of the Continent.

Also the Bulls won for the first time ever this year in Auckland too, so we are slowly but surely getting rid of these hoodoos...

It seems to be a trend.... have you been keeping up with the Ranfurly Shield?

Otago - won it for the first time in 56 years
Hawkes Bay - won it for the first time in 44 years
Counties - won for the first time ever!!

Its a disturbing trend for an All Blacks fan. Not only have we not lost to the Boks at Eden Park for 76 years, we haven't lost there at all for the last 31 matches, an unbeaten stretch that goes back 19 years, and it took Jean-Luc Sadourny's last gasp "Try from the end of the World" to achieve that....

Last edited by a moderator:
1. West Indies
2. Pakistan
3. India

how...how DARE YOU MOCK MY INGENIOUS THREAD LIKE THAT ?!!
How would YOU feel if I just...came into your house....ate ALL your Irish candy....and then just left with a big smile on my face, like it's some kind of JOKE ?!!!

How would YOU feel if I just...came into your house....ate ALL your Irish candy....and then just left with a big smile on my face, like it's some kind of JOKE ?!!!

Irish candy joke? Nah. Already heard it!

I'd laugh because with all good things Irish ie Guinness. It comes in 1 door and out another which can be messy :p

enter at your own risk :D

I'd laugh because with all good things Irish ie Guinness. It comes in 1 door and out another which can be messy :p

enter at your own risk :D

lol, errr....do you bark, by any chance ?
And dude, smileys STILL DON'T WORK on this forum ! : p

1. New Zealand
2. South Africa
3. England
4. Wales
5. Australia
6. France
7. Argentina
8. Samoa
9. Ireland
10. Scotland

So most here accept SA at no.2 spot for which I am greatful because before the weekend I think many would have been torn between Aus and SA despite what the IRB rankings said. I suppose beating the Kiwis this weekend won't be enough to dethrone them (at least not in the hearts and minds of the rugby public) as yet they have been so dominant in recent years.. but I am getting ahead of myself.

Why are people putting Australia below England/Wales, when a combined England/Wales/Ireland/Scotland struggled for the most part, and Wales lost to them so many times in a row?

Also, why are people putting England above Wales? Wales have a superior player in nearly every position.

I think now that Ireland have a competent coach, they may well go ahead of England too.

Latest posts