• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Reason behind 360 shortages....

tell us unfortunates of the south about the xbox360

they have started taking pre-orders in australia, and i need to know if its worth getting or waiting for the ps3

at this stage ps3, is looking for a mid-year 2006 release, which means australia/nz wont see it till Christmas at best, with a very short game list

now if i was to get a 360, i would get tiger woods and call of duty, and thats it out of the launch ***les......perhaps PGR, coz i love my car games, but will always sleep with my GT4.

AUD$650.00 is not that expensive when to compared to the ps2's launch price of $900.00, and the 360's abilities.

My fear is that if i wait for ps3, when ps3 finally arives, EA will do that same as they did for 360, and throw these rushed hashed versions of 2007 sports series, but the 360 will have 1 yr under its belt, and will be franchised up, and also many more ***le on the shelf, until the ps3 is alteast 1 yr old....2008 EA line-up.

Alot of praise is going to the xbox live stuff..............but i aint subscribing to ******** Gates........so my 360 would not be online, and never will be unless, sony start issueing online subscription fees themselves...........the Cable providers monthly fee is enough IMO.......Microsoft can shove their extra fee into oblivion.....but does the HARD CORE PACK already pay for this????........I aint taking short-cuts...i want that Hard Drive gigabyte fed thingy....

I know i sound a little selfish, and impatient..........but i work bloody hard 5 days a week, 10 hour days, and i deserve to splurge myself, and am thinking the 10 month wait between 360, and a ps3 is going to be too long, and the industry is coming to a stage, where if you love it, you'll have both, but i dont wanna dive into that world without some experienced knowledge/feedback of the 360.

Most sports ***le will come out on both, like the ps2, and xbox, the one with better specs, will have the better game of the 2 versions.
I hate Halo, but what other ***les does the Xbox get that Sony doesnt.
I dont wanna have a 360 with a few games, coz my ps3 will have all the ***les (based on the above spec view)....to each have their own, and i wanna make use of both their own.

Originally posted by ak47@Jan 9 2006, 10:14 AM

they have started taking pre-orders in australia, and i need to know if its worth getting or waiting for the ps3
The best advice you can get is "don't buy first gen hardware"... it always has problems. With both the XBOX360 and the PS3 I think you'd be much better off waiting at least 1 year before going out and buying one.

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 9 2006, 11:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 9 2006, 11:18 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Jan 9 2006, 10:14 AM

The best advice you can get is "don't buy first gen hardware"... it always has problems. With both the XBOX360 and the PS3 I think you'd be much better off waiting at least 1 year before going out and buying one. [/b]
i know where ur coming from, but i have always had the first batch of hardware of each generation

only the ps1, did i wait a while.

Plus there will be an insurance policy with the retailer (i know EB will anyway), and i'll pay the $100.00 fee, for insurance if it broke in the 1st year or so etc, depending on what guidlines the EB insruance policy details.

I cant wait for TW360..............i mean they have galleries now...........my fans have arrived............i got to show them my stuff.
<

Latest posts