• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Recommend a great sandwich and a drink!

BobHimmelgruber

Academy Player
Country Flag

United States

Me - I'm partial to a very manly loaded burger or a breaded tenderloin [schnitzel] and a hard cider. Proper sammie

Last edited:

Draggs

Hall of Fame
Nice and simple, I love a good croque-monsieur.
mare_mushroom_croque_monsieur_h.jpg

Tony Manx

TRF Season Ticket Holder
TRF Legend
Club or Nation

Biarritz

Try two medium thick slices of rough French bread lightly smeared with a clove of garlic and excellent extra virgin olive oil, add grated tomato with a little pepper before putting a lightly cooked piece of gammon between them and eating a glass of the finest Rioja you can afford.......................!!

Last edited:

SelimNiai

'Ark at ee mun!
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

Bristol

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GOvaJNcmaGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I went through a phase of Somerset Brie (the best/only sort) and Bajan Chilli Sauce. Proper job mann.

ratsapprentice

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

England

Salt and vinegar crisps in cheap white bread with a diet coke.

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag

France

Club or Nation

Toulon

Salt and vinegar crisps in cheap white bread with a diet coke.

theeeere it is !! Get all that Englishness out.
You do all know the sandwich is a English invention btw...not that it's surprising, but it's a fact nonetheless.

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag

France

Club or Nation

Toulon

Hence my post :p

oh ok Edward Montagu was the guy ? I know he was some Lord or smt and he liked to play cards or some game with friends and he asked his cook to create a "portable" dish they could eat while playing...
The English ain't got time for food, do they !...couldn't have been a French invention.

Le Frére Alpha

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Country Flag

France

Club or Nation

Leinster

Smokey bacon and a coke zero.

At the risk of starting a debate, is there a difference between diet and zero? They both just taste the same (and a lot worse than normal coke) to me.

Rich Taff

First XV
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

Cardiff

Zero appears to be made of 99% laxative. Never known anything travel through the system quite like it......errr I mean I'm not sure.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

At the risk of starting a debate, is there a difference between diet and zero? They both just taste the same (and a lot worse than normal coke) to me.

I think Diet tastes a lot sweeter than Zero - think the only difference is the type of sugar-free-sweetner, with Zero trying to be more like real coke (though not tasting exactly like it).
I stopped drinking full sugar coke years ago, now it tastes really strange when I have it.

ratsapprentice

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

England

Yeah, I stopped ages ago, I only drink Diet now.
Clearly not for health reasons as that **** will kill you double quick... but to use a poncy, drinky term, it has much less body to it and isn't cloying like regular coke.

Rich Taff

First XV
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

Cardiff

I can't even drink diet coke now. I switched to 'caffeine free diet' a few years ago, and everything is too sweet compared to that.

dasNdanger

First XV
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

New Zealand

If you like burgers, check out this site (I hope it works - it is a bit slow sometimes): http://www.cheeseandburger.com/

A favorite non-burger for me is a Green Devil - liverwurst on rye, with a touch of mayonnaise, topped with sliced green (bell) pepper, sliced onion, and sliced green olives. 'Tis yummy!! (Hmmm...maybe I should call it the 'Chabal'... ;) )

It isn't an easy sandwich to pair a drink with, but a pint of Guinness couldn't hurt!

das

Peat

International
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Ulster

I found that breaking Burnt Ends in two, putting a lot of pulled pork in between, then smearing the whole thing in bbq sauce makes an excellent sandwich. Goes well with whisky but so does everything. I had it with some buffalo trace.

Also, M&S Chocolate Orange bites in between two mini ring donuts = Win.

Latest posts