• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Reds thrash awful Crusaders

Crusaders were absolutely shocking.

Australians - who is this guy Davies? I don't think I've seen anyone run that fast on a rugby field since Robinson retired...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Feb 20 2010, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Australians - who is this guy Davies? I don't think I've seen anyone run that fast on a rugby field since Robinson retired...[/b]
I think Davies was a national sprinter, or something like that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Feb 20 2010, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Australians - who is this guy Davies? I don't think I've seen anyone run that fast on a rugby field since Robinson retired...[/b]

Rod Davies is a former Rugby League player; he had a contract with the Brisbane Broncos I think. He's a very exciting prospect indeed, great to see him doing well.

What a performance from the Reds; easily their best win for a good number of years. Everything they did was just done with fantastic composure. Quade Cooper looks to be maturing and finally living up to what people have predicted.

It was 6-6, i went to get some breakfast, then three tries were scored.
Good match to watch from a neutral p.o.v

Davies looks promising. I don't think he is that fast, as he couldn't get around Payne (who gets smoked by Pierre spies in my avatar :p) in the first half. But this was a great game by the Reds. Cooper, Turinui, Ione and Genia were fantastic. Quade Cooper is really becoming a star, and he is definitely one of my favorite players to watch! The Reds are getting better every year it seems, and their jerseys are also becoming less and less gay, which is good!

Glad to see the Reds doing so well for a change! The Crusaders though, like the All Blacks, can't function properly if either Carter or MaCaw don't play...

Crusaders were sh*t, Reds played really well. I think the Reds may become the premium Australian team after this season.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Davies looks promising. I don't think he is that fast, as he couldn't get around Payne (who gets smoked by Pierre spies in my avatar :p ) in the first half.[/b]

The guy who got smoked in your avatar by Spies was Ryan Crotty. Jared Payne was the bloke who gifted him that try with his awful chip kick.

That has to be one of the worst performances by the Crusaders for a long time. The backline looked solid in my opinion, but the forward pack was just awful. Far too many handling errors and penalties given away. Thomas Waldrom in particular had an absolute shocker. Right now the Reds look like they could push for a mid-table finish, although their biggest problem is their lack of depth which got shown up pretty badly by the end of last season.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Feb 20 2010, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Crusaders were sh*t, Reds played really well. I think the Reds may become the premium Australian team after this season.[/b]

Please. Even Reds fans know this game is most likely to be a one-off win. Season is only two games in and we have to back it up next week against the Blues.

Poor performance from the Crusaders but great win for the Reds here's hoping they can keep this sort of thing going for a few more games.

credit where it's due the reds did play well and the crusaders played probably one of their worst games in a few seasons. if the reds could play like that every week they would be more than just mid-table they would be in the semis. history shows that the crusaders get better as the season goes on and the reds get worse and worse. maybe this year will be different for reds fans I sure hope so.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Feb 21 2010, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Feb 20 2010, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crusaders were sh*t, Reds played really well. I think the Reds may become the premium Australian team after this season.[/b]
Well, YOU THINK WRONG!
:p
[/b][/quote]

I agree with him. The Reds have a good team this year. They have been improving and building for a while now. I don't see ant Australian winning it though.

Reds have had a good team for a few years now, they just haven't been able to play Rugby....

I agree that the Reds should be higher up on the log this time round because of:

1 Will Genia
2 A mobile and dedicated forward pack, although I don't know if they have the depth needed for the long haul
3 The current implementation of the laws which provides fast ball and more space which fit the Reds' running game and Cooper in particular

That said, I still see them ending up around position 9 behind Bulls/Chiefs/Stormers/Hurricanes/Crusaders/Brumbies/Cheetahs/Sharks

It was a one off win. Everyones getting too excited, we can't lose to the Blues this week.

You guys need to be more positive, the Reds will beat the Blues this coming weekend.

Latest posts