• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Reds vs Stormers

• Thread starter Incredible Schalk
  • Start date
I

Incredible Schalk

Here are the sides:

Reds: 15 Chris Latham, 14 Brando Va'aulu, 13 Peter Hynes, 12 Morgan Turinui, 11 Clinton Schifcofske, 10 Berrick Barnes, 9 Sam Cordingley, 8 Leroy Houston, 7 David Croft, 6 John Roe ©, 5 James Horwill, 4 Ed O'Donoghue, 3 Dayna Edwards, 2 Sean Hardman, 1 Greg Holmes.

Replacements: 16 Stephen Moore, 17 Rodney Blake, 18 Van Humphries, 19 AJ Gilbert, 20 Will Genia, 21 Quade Cooper, 22 Charlie Fetoai.

Stormers: 15 Conrad Jantjes, 14 Tonderai Chavhanga, 13 Gcobani Bobo, 12 Jean de Villiers ©, 11 Sireli Naqelevuki, 10 Peter Grant, 9 Ricky Januarie, 8 Robbie Diack, 7 Francois Louw, 6 Luke Watson, 5 Andries Bekker, 4 Adriaan Fondse, 3 Brian Mujati, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 JD Moller.

Replacements: 16 Tiaan Liebenberg, 17 Ross Skeate, 18 Pieter Myburgh, 19 Bolla Conradie, 20 Gio Aplon, 21 Dylan des Fountain.

Feeling confident, again Schalk wont be playing but the Reds were mauled last week so their confidence will be low. De Villiers needs to do more as hes been invisible in the first 3 matches, so has Chavanga except one good break against the Crusaders. Despite all this it should be a victory so we can get our bid for the semis underway.. :unsure:

HT. 8 - 10
The Stormers should be out of sight by now but the Reds are hanging on in there and hopefully will kick on in the second half.

Bah! How crap are the Reds? Clueless in attack and none too clever in defence.
Well done to the Stormers.

4 try bonus point for the Stormers.
The Reds already have one hand on the wooden spoon!

Bloody Reds, couldn't defend for another minute to protect my tipping margin. :wall:

We crossed the tryline what, like 7 times, really should have taken them to the cleaners.

again just simple errors with the finnishing letting us down, obviously that got sorted a bit near the end, but really would have liked to see 7 tries from 7 opportunities. Scrums were horrible, absolutely useless after the powerfull performances against the sharks and the bulls.

Either ours have gotten worse, or the reds have gotten much better.

I just love the fact that, after scoring 1 try in our first three games, we score 4 in our first game on tour.

Agreed the scrum was crap especially against a fairly average Reds pack. But the backs were in a different league, Jantjes was brilliant in breaking the line. Grant,Conradie and Januarie also did their fair share as well and the loose forwards were immense as well especially Watson and Diack. Really encouraging performance overall, could have had a more tries but cant complain considering there's only been 1 in the first 3. Now theres some really winnable games coming up, the semis arent completely out of sight yet.

Bloody Reds, couldn't defend for another minute to protect my tipping margin. :wall:
[/b]

I take it you missed their game last week against the Brumbies :p

Ah forgot that amazing break he made, surely he must be the quickest hooker in the world.

I actually think we have 2 excellent hookers in Liebenberg and Britz, but Britz is just completely awesome, not sure if he's the quickest hooker, but I think he's definitely one of the most creative, any hooker that can cut up a defence like that is class in my books.

Very entertaining game. Was quite pleased with the way the Stormers picked themselves up from last weeks humiliation to win with a bonus point.

Man of the Match for me would have to be second-row forward Andries Bekker (is he the tallest player in the comp??)

P.S: might as well paint the wooden spoon red from now on.

We crossed the tryline what, like 7 times, really should have taken them to the cleaners.

again just simple errors with the finnishing letting us down, obviously that got sorted a bit near the end, but really would have liked to see 7 tries from 7 opportunities. Scrums were horrible, absolutely useless after the powerfull performances against the sharks and the bulls.

Either ours have gotten worse, or the reds have gotten much better.

I just love the fact that, after scoring 1 try in our first three games, we score 4 in our first game on tour.
[/b]

I have yet to work out why, but the Reds still boast the best scrum out of the Australian teams and one of the best scrums in the competition.

It would be nice if they could transform that scrumming ability into the Australian side. First you need to get rid of Dunning and Baxter.

I have yet to work out why, but the Reds still boast the best scrum out of the Australian teams and one of the best scrums in the competition..[/b]

maybe they're in the wrong tournament...they should join up with their former coach Eddie Jones in the UK where their scrumming game would be more useful.....or maybe not.

Latest posts