• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Refolutionary idea

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
K here goes no time to fart around, this is business here goddamnit: there's a referee - scuze me, GODDAMNIT !!!..........................mmm better, so yeah there's a referee.. refereeing the referee, the entire game. He runs around following the main ref and assesses his performance with meticulous scrutiny. If the main ref takes too long to call something in a ruck or a scrum or wtvr, the uber ref (or meta-ref) blows his whistle, which is to be different from the main ref's as to distinguish itself. Yes here, the sound of an inverted whistle, or no the first 20 seconds of the Death Star theme. As to depict the uber ref's grandeur.
If the main ref commits a bad reffing mistake, he gets sent off. Same card color system as for players.
Of course those mega refs are cut from a different cloth than all the other refs. They are veterans with near infinite knowledge and pinpoint perfect accuracy of judgment. So they come from a hellish training, decades spent in the mountains somewhere or something like that, really intimidating and convincing..

Now, surely you all understand the weighty caliber of this idea, so I didn't need to pretend and place it in the 'General Rugby' boards. As a sign of great humility, I simply leave it here in the 'Clubhouse', like a precious little Gandhi sitting by the corner.

i can understand why this is a problem. I'm sure there was a discussion about this for football refereeing, like Wayne Barnes today was awful with really bad decisions especially sending David Mele off, i can see why you posted this but i not sure

Latest posts