• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Regen questions

BakkiesBokke

Academy Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Out of interest, is regen quality weighted, so that the "great" rugby playing nations have higher quality regens than "lesser" teams, or are the youth facilities at clubs the determining factor?

Off topic I know but might be interesting: I remember playing a cricket management game a few years back, and the Aussie regens were less good overall, as there are only 6 top flight cricket clubs in Australia, generating normally 2 pro-quality regens each year from each club. There are 18 First Class clubs (counties) in England and they each produced roughly 2 pro-quality regens too. Basically as the seasons ticked by, it became apparent that England had more regens being generated (as there are 3 times as many top flight clubs) than Aus, so Eng became world beaters in the game!

Back to rugby: As players get older, do their attributes deteriorate at differing rates? Guessing training affects it too? More mentally orientated attributes should increase with age, but physical attributes and injury-proneness / wear etc would deteriorate in my view. I don't suppose this is reflected in the game?

Cheers.

Regens are weighted to keep a similar balance to the game as that at the outset.
The only exception is the new players enlisted by the player's club.
So if you pick a club from South Africa, upgrade your Centre of Excellence and recruit and develop world class players,
the South Africa national team will improve too.
Out of interest, is regen quality weighted, so that the "great" rugby playing nations have higher quality regens than "lesser" teams, or are the youth facilities at clubs the determining factor?

Off topic I know but might be interesting: I remember playing a cricket management game a few years back, and the Aussie regens were less good overall, as there are only 6 top flight cricket clubs in Australia, generating normally 2 pro-quality regens each year from each club. There are 18 First Class clubs (counties) in England and they each produced roughly 2 pro-quality regens too. Basically as the seasons ticked by, it became apparent that England had more regens being generated (as there are 3 times as many top flight clubs) than Aus, so Eng became world beaters in the game!

Back to rugby: As players get older, do their attributes deteriorate at differing rates? Guessing training affects it too? More mentally orientated attributes should increase with age, but physical attributes and injury-proneness / wear etc would deteriorate in my view. I don't suppose this is reflected in the game?

Cheers.

Regens are weighted to keep a similar balance to the game as that at the outset.
The only exception is the new players enlisted by the player's club.
So if you pick a club from South Africa, upgrade your Centre of Excellence and recruit and develop world class players,
the South Africa national team will improve too.

Thanks for answering Dave. Do other clubs upgrade their centres of excellence as well? If so, will the game have more World Class players in later seasons than early on?

Latest posts