• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Release Date Rumour #4556

Originally posted by Mario+Oct 20 2005, 01:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 20 2005, 01:22 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Oct 17 2005, 04:06 PM
Man, I really want this released before Christmas...Wait, it's not even coming out on Xbox.... I wil singlehandedly halve your sales....Stupid move Mario.
Is this where I quiver in my boots? [/b]
Read his quotes mario

u just got PUNK'D
<

Originally posted by ak47+Oct 20 2005, 01:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Oct 20 2005, 01:34 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Mario@Oct 20 2005, 01:22 PM
Man, I really want this released before Christmas...Wait, it's not even coming out on Xbox.... I wil singlehandedly halve your sales....Stupid move Mario.

Is this where I quiver in my boots?
Read his quotes mario

u just got PUNK'D
<
[/b]
I think he realises that and was just taking the ****.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Oct 20 2005, 02:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Oct 20 2005, 02:51 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Oct 20 2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Mario@Oct 20 2005, 01:22 PM

Is this where I quiver in my boots?

Read his quotes mario

u just got PUNK'D
<
I think he realises that and was just taking the ****. [/b]
yeah i got that feeling after my post

hence i just got PUNK'D

darn garn it
<

I reckon one point that hasn't been covered, is that this is genuinely unprofessional. I'm not doing a Los Lover here, and knocking Mario for the sake of it, but this delay has become quite amateur from Sidhe.

I think Mario would know from previous posts that I'm not trying to rubbish him or Sidhe. I just honestly feel that when a game has 'Coming September' on it, you might expect a delay. Maybe a month. Maybe two at a real push, but by all accounts this ***le will not be in our hands this time next month! I know we haven't heard that straight from Mario, but it's the best educated information we have. There have been plenty of retail advertisements saying 'Due --/--/--' , but none of them have been right. I think this delay has got to the stage where it's ridiculous. I would put it in the catagory of top 5% poorly handled releases in relation to release date. I think most would agree. There have been some impatient people on this forum, but by and large, we have been fairly good. It's time to treat us as part of the team and give us some real inside info on the release and where things sit. It seems Mario, (judging by the replies) does not have a clue. That can't be the case can it?

So, I know we're fairly powerless pawns in this Mario, but how 'bout giving us an approximate. Down to a two week period? Give us a clue? We can't hold you to it, so where's the problem? Even a guesstimate.

Once again, not trying to knock you, just giving my view.
<

well if the game is in testing at sony/microsoft they have no idea firstly when the testing finishes and b it may not get approved and have to be resubmitted. also there are other factors like manufacture and shipping once the game is approved. Unless Mario is physic he does not have an idea of when the game will release until at least the game is approved by sony/microsoft

Originally posted by esoj@Oct 20 2005, 05:23 PM
well if the game is in testing at sony/microsoft they have no idea firstly when the testing finishes and b it may not get approved and have to be resubmitted. also there are other factors like manufacture and shipping once the game is approved. Unless Mario is physic he does not have an idea of when the game will release until at least the game is approved by sony/microsoft
Yeah, got to agree with that post, out of Sidhes hands (Mario has said release is in"other parties" hands just recently) therefore they can not confirm a solid date........

However............

...surely Mario could tell us by now if the game is a least finished at his end (ie. changes completed/Sony testing completed - underway), thus indirectly giving us an indication of likely release time. Obviously this is something Mario DOES know.

Perhaps he has been sworn to secrecy by HES?? I can see why people are sceptical about HES in terms of delaying the game for closer to the Christmas season (especially having missed the start of the tri nations).

Again though this would be out of Marios hands if true........

Oh, and if Mario does read this, how about in the next version if you pick the Kiwis to play at home you are then able to change the dimensions of the field being played on......
<

Originally posted by esoj@Oct 20 2005, 05:23 PM

They have idea enough to put 'Coming September' and they have had games go through testing before i.e SJRL, and Gripshift. They know to weigh up all the factors. They know they should also allow some 'what if things go wrong time', to their release date.

These guys have put themselves under pressure by supplying that info. When they went into development they should have allowed for what is going on now. They haven't. Granted, Sidhe are not the most experienced crew in the world, but there are many games developers out there now who know how to promote their games release better. I have my own opinion, and that although Mario is a great guy and Sidhe is a competent developer, I'm not going to suck up by giving them an A+ for promoting their game, when all they deserve is a C- .

If you want this same service next time, then by all means tell them that their great, when really it's been adaquate. Sidhe will gladly allow this to happen again next time.

If you expect average, you'll receive poor. Expect perfection, you might just get great, or at least very good.

I saw a post on the melbourne cup forum saying that it proabbly won't come out in november so maybe rl2 is releasing in november and melbourne cup challenge is getting the december release.

Obiviously SIDHE would like to have the game out already as sales no doubt would have been better during the season than november onwards. Hopefully the a release date is knowen soon.

sjrl was delayed numerous times and one of those was for going back to sony for testing. I don't see how any game developer can factor in finding last minute bugs that could delay a game for a month or 2. They all give rough estimates or date of when the game should be finsihed/released by but they don't always stick to the date and are sometimes a wekk late or longer like in this case. I don't see how

SIDHE could not have done much more they said coming september then announced that there was a delay and would be releasing late 2005 and then were told october release was not going to happen. The only thing they could have done better was say that a delay could happen pushing the september release out to unspecified date in late 2005.

I agree that this whole delay has gotten a bit ridiculous, but theres nothing we can do except state that were not happy about it. I think back to about a month ago when this forum was buzzing, as it does when a game we all want gets close to release. Everyone is having there say and some new members join aswell, and it gets real exciting. As you can tell thats all dead now, with only couple of posts a day. Due to the lack of info everone has lost interest.

The thing is though:

If Mario himself doesn't know, would you rather have silence, or would you rather he speculates and gets everyone excited, possibly for no reason?

Originally posted by NZL fan@Oct 20 2005, 07:02 PM
Perhaps he has been sworn to secrecy by HES??
Yes, its called a legally binding development contract incorporating confidentiality clauses.

Originally posted by Mario+Oct 20 2005, 11:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 20 2005, 11:53 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Oct 20 2005, 07:02 PM
Yes, its called a legally binding development contract incorporating confidentiality clauses. [/b]
in english that means?

Originally posted by Mario+Oct 20 2005, 11:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 20 2005, 11:53 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
Yes, its called a legally binding development contract incorporating confidentiality clauses. [/b]
.......must be a bugger slaving over making a great game only to then see it "caught up" in red tape thus delaying its release to the public, and then people starting to turn on the makers of the game, even though it isn't their fault.........

Sometimes it happens I'm afraid, lets just hope this game(s) is something worth waiting and speculating for so long for.

Originally posted by NZL fan+Oct 21 2005, 06:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Oct 21 2005, 06:55 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Mario@Oct 20 2005, 11:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan

Yes, its called a legally binding development contract incorporating confidentiality clauses.
.......must be a bugger slaving over making a great game only to then see it "caught up" in red tape thus delaying its release to the public, and then people starting to turn on the makers of the game, even though it isn't their fault......... [/b]
I'll get over it
<

Its not a pretty record at the moment

RL1 - 3 months (i think)
RL2 - 3 months
MCC - 1 month (at this stage)

7 months accumulated delays..................now thats alot of resources and expenditure down the girdler.

I dunno if it HES or bad programming causing these delays

But cant wait for the day sidhe have their own promoting/distribution wing, so we arent subjected and exposed to the CORPORATE WORLD OF WORDS

My next approach would be to not say any timeframe like they did for 'september' and just say 'coming soon' until it actually is getting mass pressed, and gone GOLD

Was thinking last night why are UBI sitting on RC2006, when its finished (according to Trev) -
Perhaps UBI are waiting for a peak period to sell Christmas, or even perhaps are awaiting for RL2 to have a confirmed date and release approx 1 month before RL2 and pinch sales (like EA did with cricket on BLIC), and if they are confident of RC06's ability to satisfy the market, why wouldnt they to squash their competition?

Anyway TOP SPIN better come out today - its been delayed for a month, and yes PES5 next week for SH..........
<

pes 5 man so many good games coming out quake 4 fear are out alread. aoe 3 rl2 mcc and rc06 to look forward to as well

TOP SPIN HAS ARRIVED IN AUSTRALIA
<

I know its Tennis, but its $50, and I love a decent sport game

Latest posts