• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Reporting vs Neg Reps

goodNumber10

International
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
London Wasps
just a question leading to a suggestion.

If a post gets a certain number of neg reps does that trigger a report similar to someone reporting a post, and if not might it be worth implementing something like that (if it's technically possible)?

Not that i have a specific post in mind but i thought it might be a useful red flag tool for the MOD's to monitor a thread/poster, and additionally it removes the onus on posters having to dob someone in. Again i repeat no specific reason for this suggestion, i haven't been posting much lately, but just thought it might be a useful technical suggestion for the site.

cheers

I've got a suggestion... just my take on negs....

If you're thinking of negging someone, you're probably better off just closing the tab and having a ****.

*negs @ratsapprentice*

In all seriousness, it's not really about the neg/pos rep, i'm only raising it as it struck me as a more efficent way than having two systems (which is what the site has now essentially).

Last edited by a moderator:
neg reps = the neg repper doesn't like what the poster has said

reporting = post is offensive/violates TOS

I dont see that a multiply neg repped post meets the criteria for reporting.

I've got a suggestion... just my take on negs....

If you're thinking of negging someone, you're probably better off just closing the tab and having a ****.

I've always thought something that was pretty cool was the thing they had over at munsterfans. You can click a button that says something like "I agree" that's to the side of the post, and it'll show up inline that you've essentially 'liked' the post. It's pretty much the equivalent of a plus rep, cuts out people repeating the same point over and over, and isn't as damning to contrary opinions as upvote systems as reddit.

Here's an example:

0ewLcwv.png

I've always thought something that was pretty cool was the thing they had over at munsterfans. You can click a button that says something like "I agree" that's to the side of the post, and it'll show up inline that you've essentially 'liked' the post. It's pretty much the equivalent of a plus rep, cuts out people repeating the same point over and over, and isn't as damning to contrary opinions as upvote systems as reddit.

Here's an example:

0ewLcwv.png
Hey down with this sort of thing. I suppose ye have to much time free now that the season is over for ye :D

If you receive a string of neg reps from the same poster, contact a member of staff who will look into the issue as soon as they're able.

Latest posts