• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Return of the knock-out cup.

SelimNiai

'Ark at ee mun!
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Bristol
The Anglo-Welsh Cup in its current format has failed in recent years, fans don't really care. The big teams don't really care and so often the side that wins it is the side who has the less vested interest in the other cups. With all the following true can the straight knock-out cup be brought back.

The Championship now being fully pro the "gulf in talent" is less than with a semi-pro Div 1.
Clubs complaining of too much rugby, the winner could end up playing 3-4 games less depending on the amount of clubs.

So, if we take the

Aviva Prem
Championship
and the Welsh and Irish sides from the Celtic League

We get 32 teams which means we get 6 games of one off, knockout rugby which should give more passion and intrest than the current format.

Its just an idea, just wonder if you chaps and chapesses think is viable?

I like the idea of it - More chance of shock results happening etc. and will get some more interest in it - as it stands no one really cares up until the final, and then only a handful do

Knockouts every round would get more people interested

I like the idea of it - More chance of shock results happening etc. and will get some more interest in it - as it stands no one really cares up until the final, and then only a handful do

Knockouts every round would get more people interested

I think it would increase the intensity more also. So the standard should in theory improve.

Latest posts