• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RFU Championship XV vs Canada - 2/11/14 @ Sixways

Should be a big match for some of the Canucks, Buydens, Ilnicki, Trainor, Wilson-Ross should all be looking for pro contracts. (Left out Moonlight, Hearn, Dala, due to their continual importance in the 7s squad.) Even Braid's short term contract with Glasgow is coming to an end soon, but he has played well for the LS and Glasgow so think he will probably get a contract from someone soon.

Awesome try by McRorie! Forwards are creating the platform and our backs are starting to find their cohesion.

It's been a fun match so far, though the Championship XV does have the feel of a side thrown together and aren't quite as crisp as Canada are. Penalty counts need to come down as well, Namibia and the other teams we face on the tour will punish us with three pointers if we keep that up.

18 - 7 to Canada at HT.

The Wolf Pack players are generally playing well, Barkwill is on a repeated infringements warning. Overall our forwards are playing very well, scrum is going pretty well, line outs too. One area for concern though, other than Parfrey, is our maul defence. If I was Namibia, Samoa or Romania I would be practicing the driving maul big time. Backline is getting some cohesion, but seems to lack out and out speed, think Trainor needs to get more involved in the game as well, passing form our centres to wing is not going very well.

Other thoughts, I think Dala should be our starting 7 next week.

One more point, the commentator, although being very biased, was right about that call on the second maul. I think the CXV deserved a chance to keep it going.

Now he's in the bin and another try for the RFU XV, Hamilton will have an opening now after this game.

Another 2nd half Canadian collapse on the cards?

Why couldn't Carpenters wife be due in December :(

Hopefully Crowley doesn't let Barkwill back on the field after his yellow is done. Hamilton can't be as bad as Barkwill could he? I would also send out Ilnicki soon as well.

TRY BY MCRORIE TO TAKE BACK THE LEAD. I love that Scot.

Last edited:
Agree, honestly think he is the only guy not helping himself today. Moonlight has been fairly silent too.

What on earth happened with that conversion, points stupidly thrown away. Why didn't Pritch take it.

Latest posts