• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RFU close to pulling out of 2015 bid.

P

Prestwick

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/r...ubt-979943.html

According to the Red Baron, the iRB's demand for £75 million up front before any bid is approved has caused serious concern amongst the traditional big ten Unions. He goes on to say:

"I can't see how any individual union could bid on the current basis, and in the current economic climate, without substantial government support..."

That basically clears the path for Japan in 2015 then! HURRAH!!! :bravo: :bravo:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 31 2008, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

According to the Red Baron, the iRB's demand for £75 million up front before any bid is approved has caused serious concern amongst the traditional big ten Unions. He goes on to say:

"I can't see how any individual union could bid on the current basis, and in the current economic climate, without substantial government support..."

That basically clears the path for Japan in 2015 then! HURRAH!!! :bravo: :bravo:[/b]

Provided the Japanese government back them financially and at the moment Japan like many other top profile countries is focusing her resources to counter the starting recession.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Oct 31 2008, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 31 2008, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That basically clears the path for Japan in 2015 then! HURRAH!!! :bravo: :bravo:[/b]

Provided the Japanese government back them financially and at the moment Japan like many other top profile countries is focusing her resources to counter the starting recession.
[/b][/quote]
Technically speaking there is no recession. I think Ireland are the only one of us to actually be experiencing a true recession. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Why has the iRB demanded such huge funds up front? I don't get it personally.

yup we've been in recession for months honestly it hasnt bothered me at all but then again i have no bills to pay

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Oct 31 2008, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Provided the Japanese government back them financially and at the moment Japan like many other top profile countries is focusing her resources to counter the starting recession.[/b]

Oh Don, silly silly Don. Such a person of naiveté, oui?

Japan spends its way out of recessions. It is addicted to an utterly Keynesian model of stimulating the economy.

This is why Japan has one of the biggest pork barrel rackets outside of France, every year it usually gives tens of billions of Euros out in public works projects, building loans, construction grants, you name it, it spends it. Why do you think Japan has one of the fastest rail systems in the world? And why it has one of the best run and highest funded telecoms infrastructure in amongst the G7? And where do you think all those stadiums came from for Soccer World Cup 2002?

Don, Japan has been in and out of recession since around 1989, they've had a bright spot from 2000 onwards where they were able to finally raise interest rates above 0% but that hasn't translated down to the spending public who still save religiously, creating the biggest savings reserve of roughly over a trillion USD. Thats allot of SAGA holidays in thar!

And then theres looking at the echelons of the JRFU. Its President is one Yoshiro Mori, former Prime Minister (pretty gaffe prone too) and very influential member of dark and shadowy groups who control the LDP.

To sum up, Don, its all about the pork!

Anyway, to sum up, the Japanese government

Latest posts