• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RFU fails again

Lardinho

Academy Player
2 things, firstly, the absoltely diabolical song by some mixed raced chick, who is lovely to look at, and is "representative" of the UK, but her hair is so **** it looks like a Lion's mane, she might have a decent voice, but wheh she sings she twitches her head like she's the latest X-****** winner. Why, oh why, do the RFU fail so badly on this? I remember before, we had Russel Watson, lovely guy, great operatic voice, but ****, not something people want to join in and sing, just like this time. My brother is clasically trained a chorister/singer, but he and my family would admit that to sing "Swing Low" you'd want to have a bluesy voice, not some classically trained vibrato. AWFUL, just awful, why do the RFU get this continually wrong? 57 old farts? There are some pricks who are in the RFU who were there in the 90s, occupying roles that should be given to people who have played the professional game.

You want to inspire a nation? forget x-********, get yourself down to any of a number of South London choirs, of whom many are black and would sing "Swing Low" with passion and plenty of harmony. Make it sung with passion. How could you have chosen such a baseless version of the song? Sing it with soul. You'd have 80k people at Twickenham trying to sound as sexy and as gorgeous as a soul choir singing that song. A Black choir is also perfectly English, and British. We have 10th generational "black Brits" here, they are more British than I am, lets celebrate them and everyone else who wants to be a Brit and sing loud and sure.

Finally, we need a good clear out of the RFU, every few years we need to almost have a group that reviews and gets rid of people who aren't actilvely for the game as it is. The RFU is crap, it has been down again, already to be out of touch and crap. Let's have some new blood, a new feel and play rugby the way it was supposed to be played.

In fairness RFU had minimum input last night as the RWC committee is separate.

Well this is the stupidest thread I've seen.
Maybe you could take her a trip to the hairdressers pre-game next time to approve her look?

From Cardiff.

Hardly surprised. One of valleycommando's buddies are ya?

Cretinous replies, as expected. Worse than the song, was the kit... WTF? 2 tone Red?? looks like a bad version of a Welsh rugby league kit. Worst I've ever seen in internatoinal rugby union. McFadden, not sure which racist taunt you meant there, I'm an Englishman, but nice to see there are racist pricks here.Tigs Man, I have no agenda, I love England rugby and loved all of the matches so far, bit too much TMO, which we saw in the warm up games, reminds me a bit of American football. Either way, a fantastic day of rugby.TRTF_Oly seems like a massive prick who hadn't read the post. Munstermufin, I appreciate that but the RFU very much were in charge of who sang their song. Just hideous. I'd rather have Sinead O Conner singing God Save the Queen than currently, although I don't think she ever would. Still hot, though.

Cretinous replies, as expected. Worse than the song, was the kit... WTF? 2 tone Red?? looks like a bad version of a Welsh rugby league kit. Worst I've ever seen in internatoinal rugby union. McFadden, not sure which racist taunt you meant there, I'm an Englishman, but nice to see there are racist pricks here.Tigs Man, I have no agenda, I love England rugby and loved all of the matches so far, bit too much TMO, which we saw in the warm up games, reminds me a bit of American football. Either way, a fantastic day of rugby.TRTF_Oly seems like a massive prick who hadn't read the post. Munstermufin, I appreciate that but the RFU very much were in charge of who sang their song. Just hideous. I'd rather have Sinead O Conner singing God Save the Queen than currently, although I don't think she ever would. Still hot, though.

Well not sure if you understand the business side of rugby BUT here's a few points to show you.

Canterbury would've put that colour forward and pushed for it. England agreed for commercial. Ireland was the same back when we changed our tone of green to darker 1. Puma lightened it a bit again but Canterbury changed the tone back again. So not really RFU fault there.
And where your wrong is the RFU would've had no say in who sang any song. You do realise England is the host country of the World Cup not the RFU. technically last night England were the away team and couldn't even enter there own dressing room. So again I'd love to know what exactly the RFU did wrong?

Lard-ho, you come across like someone posing as someone else.
Take this nonsense back to Facebook it is not welcome here.

This Thread is the most stupid thing I've ever seen . It either a ****** up bloke or a frustrated teenager writing it .

2 things, firstly, the absoltely diabolical song by some mixed raced chick, who is lovely to look at, and is "representative" of the UK, but her hair is so **** it looks like a Lion's mane, she might have a decent voice, but wheh she sings she twitches her head like she's the latest X-****** winner. Why, oh why, do the RFU fail so badly on this? I remember before, we had Russel Watson, lovely guy, great operatic voice, but ****, not something people want to join in and sing, just like this time. My brother is clasically trained a chorister/singer, but he and my family would admit that to sing "Swing Low" you'd want to have a bluesy voice, not some classically trained vibrato. AWFUL, just awful, why do the RFU get this continually wrong? 57 old farts? There are some pricks who are in the RFU who were there in the 90s, occupying roles that should be given to people who have played the professional game.

You want to inspire a nation? forget x-********, get yourself down to any of a number of South London choirs, of whom many are black and would sing "Swing Low" with passion and plenty of harmony. Make it sung with passion. How could you have chosen such a baseless version of the song? Sing it with soul. You'd have 80k people at Twickenham trying to sound as sexy and as gorgeous as a soul choir singing that song. A Black choir is also perfectly English, and British. We have 10th generational "black Brits" here, they are more British than I am, lets celebrate them and everyone else who wants to be a Brit and sing loud and sure.

Finally, we need a good clear out of the RFU, every few years we need to almost have a group that reviews and gets rid of people who aren't actilvely for the game as it is. The RFU is crap, it has been down again, already to be out of touch and crap. Let's have some new blood, a new feel and play rugby the way it was supposed to be played.

Have you ever kissed a woman?

I would also like to mention the referees. Not a single one of them on the weekend was a choir woman.

Stuart Barnes face offends me during punditry. He looks like an old tubby Alan Partridge without the irony.

AND there is a good point made about not enough former players at the head of the RFU! Mark van Gisbergen was a pretty useful goal kicker, ought to probably be made CFO.

Last edited:
Oh! You were all warning me about people signing up around world cup time posting flame bait!

Is this it?! Did I find one? I feel like a tourist looking at the animals.

Did you get stuck with him down there?!
We, luckily, managed to avoid him in the NH - pretty much every other commentator is involved apart from him :lol:

Yeah, on one of the sky shows, I forget which :(.

Did you get stuck with him down there?!
We, luckily, managed to avoid him in the NH - pretty much every other commentator is involved apart from him :lol:

Oh he's involved. He working for the Irish station here. TV3.

Haver to admit this tickled me:

English rugby fans have lost the faith and are calling for a new World Cup theme song.
Viewers are up in arms over Paloma Faith's rendition of World In Union, which is played during the opening coverage and in ad breaks in ITV's coverage.
A campaign has been started on change.org called 'Petition to remove Paloma Faith from the Rugby World Cup'.
The petition was was set up five days ago by someone who called 'No Paloma' – and has nearly 200 supporters.
It says: "Already sick of Paloma Faith's awful rendition of 'World In Union'? Worried that it might ruin your Rugby World Cup? Then sign this petition and let ITV know your thoughts!"
It's followed by a letter to ITV sport which reads: "We, the undersigned, request that you, ITV, remove Paloma Faith from the Rugby World Cup in order to make it a more enjoyable experience for all spectators."
Some viewers have told the Daily Mail that it is putting them off watching the rugby.
"It's awful, it really spoils the song and it's irritating in between the advert breaks. It actually makes me not want to watch the rugby," Elizabeth Tremble said.
And Jessica Catchpole from Kent added: "It sounds less like a professional singer and more like someone paid a bribe to let their tone deaf child be on the telly."
John Boaden from Portsmouth wrote: "Paloma Faith should not be representing the rugby World Cup. Wrong character with a voice that makes my ears bleed."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...-fans-have-no-faith-in-palomas-world-cup-tune

Latest posts