• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RFUC Final Leg 2: London Welsh v Cornish Pirates - Wednesday May 30, KO 7.45pm BST

TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_60553919_lwhome1stlegfinalaction09.jpg

RFU Championship Play Off Final Leg 2
Kassam Stadium, Oxford
Wednesday May 30, 2012
Kick-off 7.45pm BST
Sky Sports 2 and Sky Sports 2 HD

Referee: TBC

London Welsh: 15. Alex Davies, 14. Nick Scott, 13. James Lewis, 12. Hudson Tonga’uiha, 11. Joe Ajuwa, 10. Gordon Ross, 9. Rob Lewis; 1. Max Lahiff, 2. Dan George, 3. James Tideswell, 4. Martin Purdy, 5. Matt Corker, 6. Jon Mills (capt), 7. Mike Denbee, 8. Ed Jackson.
Replacements: 16. Vili Ma’asi, 17. Billy Moss, 18. Greg Bateman, 19. Lee Beach, 20. Ben Russell, 21. Jack Moates, 22. Seb Jewell.

Cornish Pirates: 15. R. Cook, 14. G. Pointer, 13. P. Burgess, 12. A. Suniula, 11. D. Doherty, 10. C. Thomas, 9. G. Cattle (capt); 1. C. Rimmer. 2. R. Elloway, 3. A. Paver, 4. L. McGlone, 5. I. Nimmo, 6. D. Ewers, 7. D. Ward, 8. K. Marriott.
Replacements: 16. Ryan Storer, 17. Mike Myerscough, 18. Ben Maidment, 19. Tom Kessell, 20. Tom Cooper, 21. M. Evans, 22. Rhodri McAtee.

Last edited:
Hopefully pirates can turn it round!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One hopes not. If Welsh wins puts all the pressure back on the RFU regarding their ring fence.

One hopes not. If Welsh wins puts all the pressure back on the RFU regarding their ring fence.

Hear hear........if you did not support LW before, now is the time to do it and lets embarrass the old farts with a good old legal appeal based on their having won promotion...............

Did Doherty play for wasps befor the pirates coz i remember that name of Rugby 08 haha

Seem to recall he was at Sale in 08, and was quite useful on account of being very fast.

Anyway, I'm hoping Cornish Pirates win this.

Did Doherty play for wasps befor the pirates coz i remember that name of Rugby 08 haha
Just checked the roster, he was!
Some years back now.
OT, but it is funny going through the Rugby08 teams now, seems ages back.

Just checked the roster, he was!
Some years back now.
OT, but it is funny going through the Rugby08 teams now, seems ages back.

In what universe were we a third division quality side???

i still play haha, hopefully Welsh wins should be a close game

Anyone know of a latest/Final score??? Should be interesting If Welsh were to win. RFU would be in proper s!!tstreet :p

Actually just seen an online feed. Welsh 29 Pirates 20 (66-41) Final Score.

Last edited:
I can tell you 29-20 to London Welsh

66-41 on Aggregate.

FT

Champions :D

Last edited:
Considering how Welsh played throughout the season they should be thanking their lucky stars for the playoffs (and the promotion or parachute payment) :lol:

Well done to them though, two great performances - though Pirates might get the win tonight, they were playing some great rugby. Glad to see Welsh get out there and play and not just defend their lead.

Awesome news for Welsh :D Congrats to Team, management and supporters ;D

I hope the RFU change their mind, would be proper soul destroying if they were prevented from moving up. Not seen much of them during the season, but from reports, many argue they can compete in the premiership. Fingers Crossed for Mr Lyn Jones and co.

Spanner into the works (Setting myself up to be shot) but Lyn Jones has always been an admirer of "THE ORANGE ONE". Now, If Welsh were allowed promotion, surely Mr G£!@N H!@£ON couldn't turn down a paycut for a decent standard of rugby??? Fire at will ;) ;)

Last edited:
Congrats to London Welsh, won't mean jack though if the RFU stay stubborn and clueless

Spanner into the works (Setting myself up to be shot) but Lyn Jones has always been an admirer of "THE ORANGE ONE". Now, If Welsh were allowed promotion, surely Mr G£!@N H!@£ON couldn't turn down a paycut for a decent standard of rugby??? Fire at will ;) ;)

More like couldn't turn down a paycheque...

Anyway, congrats to London Welsh.

This was a great advert for Championship rugby. Welsh came back well from behind at HT, and dominated the second half. Brendan Gallagher, in the Telegraph, rated the second half as "Premiership standard".

Did the wholesale booing of the RFU president at the presentation come over on the box (it was from both sets of fans, not just Welsh)?

The stadium is a great one to play in IF you can get a minimum of 5000 in it each time. It'd be soulless with 1500 scattered about, but that's (hopefully) a challenge for another day.

As much as I would like Pirates to have won, I hope the welsh now lead the charge for changes to the system....

On another note I am looking to get the forum actively involved with the Stadium for Cornwall bid. Something key I think for the future of the game in Cornwall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts