Rhule to head to France

saulan

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Rhule will join his Stormers team-mate JC Janse van Rensburg at French club Grenoble.

Judging from the 43-man squad picked by new coach Rassie Erasmus for the Wales Test and England series, it's clear the 25-year-old is not in the frame for next year's Rugby World Cup which is believed to have played a role in his intention to leave South Africa.
Source: https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/rhule-to-ditch-stormers-for-france-report-20180604

Seems he has decided to get out now that he is out of favour. He hasn't played poorly for us, but I'm not really sad to see him go. I never really wanted him after seeing all his performances for the Boks and always saw him as a major liability in defense despite his size. Good on him for getting his cash. I don't think he was going to be in the picture for the World Cup and after that with Rassie in charge.

I've been thinking about this article, and it's starting to make me a little bit mad. The article seems to point out that Rhule is leaving because he was snubbed for springbok selection. And if that is one of the main reasons he's leaving, then he's a sore loser. He didn't show the selectors anything to warrant a spot in the Bok squad. He's defence is still terrible, and if there was a ranking system he will be below the guys that Rassie picked.

Latest posts