• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ricky Stuart Resigns as Kangaroos Coach

M

melon

Well we all saw it coming, and if you didn't, you've had your head in the sand. In the latter stages it was not a question of 'if', but 'when'...whether he would resign or be sacked at the ARL board meeting tomorrow and in the end he took the option of resigning. More dignified I suppose.

He was fined $20 000 for abusing the WC Final ref after an almighty outburst, blaming him for losing Australia the match. Quite frankly it was the Kangaroos mistakes and ultimately the Kiwis newfound ability to capitalise on those.

It will be interesting to see who will get the job. Wayne Bennett has already made it clear that he is not interested in any way, shape or form. Mal Meninga is a hot favourite, although Ben Elias is running around like a chook with its head cut off telling everybody that big Mal will be bias towards Maroons players. I think i recall hearing Bellamy isn't interested either.

My money is on Meninga.

good riddance to bad rubbish

as for elias's comments its nsw selectors bias that cost us the world cup
9 NSW 8 QLD players in the final. Given Queensland have the best origin side in years, it was a joke NSW had more players in the final.

for some reason i dont want meninga to be coach
he should contentrate winning 4 series in a row for QLD but ill still be happy the gig

i dont like the bloke but i think laurie daley would do a great job as australian coach

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Dec 8 2008, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Des Hasler anyone?[/b]

Having an NRL coach coaching rep teams have proven to be a difficult task.
Meninga is proof that having non NRL club coaches are better.

Latest posts