• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RIP Gareth Jones

G

gingergenius

ok I just read this on the rugby news, the guy got an injury in a tackle and died from it. A great shame.

link

This would have never happened in the Super 14 under the current ELV laws.

R.I.P
[/b]
That's not even remotely funny. :mellow: :toss:

You've got to feel for his family. It seemed quite sudden; I think everyone thought he'd recover fully. :(
RIP.

<div class='quotemain'>

R.I.P
[/b]
That's not even remotely funny. :mellow: :toss:

You've got to feel for his family. It seemed quite sudden; I think everyone thought he'd recover fully. :(
RIP.
[/b][/quote]

Wow, cynicism and sick humour on an internet forum...that's not unpredictable.

Aye, pretty sad news though, true shame.

Sh*t, really wasn't expecting that! As Speedy said, everyone expected a full recovery.

R.I.P [/b]

Clever mate real clever, he got hit in the ruck from the side, so you are telling me the ELV's are the solution to this.
Before saying stupid comments like that think before posting! Did you see the incident? No ... then shut up you heartless fool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si-0nvz_OiU - Watch that and go to 6:30 on the clock and you will see the incident.

Back on topic great player, looked good in a strong Neath side, leaves a family behind and I wish his family the best for the future!

EDIT: He was on life support until recently, 20th April he has been on the machine a truly sad thing to happen!

Its sick to make jokes about this sort of thing, as has been mentioned he has two children and a wife who will now spend the rest of their lives without their husband/father. Very,very sad news especially as its so rare to die from a rugby related incident.

RIP Gareth.

I'm tempted to remove the questionnable post from this thread, but when someone says something that idiotic and quite frankly disgusting I think they deserve to to be publically humiliated for it.

One of those deaths that just shouldn't happen. Reminds us all that while it is only sport, those putting their bodies on the line, particularly at the highest level, really do have some guts. My thoughts go to his family.

i just read the article now, very sorry to hear. wish his family all the best.

i find it strange though that he died 2 months later, could his death be attributed to something other than injuries sustained during the match?

i'd just hate people to use this case as a "rugby should be banned because it's dangerous" type of thing.

i just read the article now, very sorry to hear. wish his family all the best.

i find it strange though that he died 2 months later, could his death be attributed to something other than injuries sustained during the match?

i'd just hate people to use this case as a "rugby should be banned because it's dangerous" type of thing.

[/b]

The injury to the neck was so bad it was the cause of his death, things like internal bleeding etc would also contribute too, he was on a life support machine from what I gather!

Geez, the though of the blood vessels in your neck leaking blood into your skin and flesh is making me cringe. I really feel sorry for him and his family, it's awful for someone to die doing something they love...

In all honesty, I think if one is to die it is better to be as a result of something you love - preferably during it. Nonetheless it is a truly saddening incident. What's more, from what I can pick up seeing the incident it wasn't that bad - just one of those freak things.

Though he wasn't actually banned for any period of time Darren Ryan was cited for this. How awful would he feel? Just think of the counselling he will need.

RIP.

Sorry 2 hear... from me as a south african, condolences to everyone involved with Gareth... Always sad to hear of the passing of a player :eek:

Sad, can't believe it happened, honestly thought he'd pull through in the end. Even saw the game myself on S4C, and didn't expect it to be this bad. Very sad, because the times I'd seen him playing for Neath he'd been a very hard working player, who obviously put everything into the game. Very sad to see him go. My thoughts go with his family. The Cardiff Centre who caused it was cleared of any citings, which was right because he didn't mean to inure him, but imagine how he must feel...

And DarkManX, there goes the last of my respect for you, I would negatif rep you if it wouldn't make any difference, but it won't.

After a number of complaints now, DarkManX's post has been removed to preserve the decency of the thread.

Sadly there is no way to detract from what a sick and idiotic thing it was to say. I'm sure a lot of people have lost all respect for the poster in question.

I'm tempted to remove the questionable post from this thread, but when someone says something that idiotic and quite frankly disgusting I think they deserve to to be publically humiliated for it.[/b]

I completely agree, a joke made in quite quite possibly the worst taste imaginable. Please express your displeasure through neg-reps and the legitimate channels.

One of those deaths that just shouldn't happen. Reminds us all that while it is only sport, those putting their bodies on the line, particularly at the highest level, really do have some guts. My thoughts go to his family. [/b]

The man, like all who play rugby, will be a legend. My heart goes out to his family and friends. The one thing they can be happy about is that he died doing something he loved.

Latest posts