• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rising Oil Prices

J

jawmalawm24

I think its straight bull**** how we're all now paying a hell of alot more for petrol than we were not long ago. When I started work this season back in November petrol was around $1.50 - $1.60 a litre but it goes up 10c at a time than when the government felt generous they'd drop it by 5c only to put on another 10c not long after. So now here in Nz it's at $2.10 a litre and been pretty steady for the last 3 or 4 weeks but no doubt it's gonna rise again soon.

I just wanna know what everyone else thinks about all this and what we can do about it because I'm nearly at the point where I'm gonna start doing drive offs like some people on the news have been doing. That or get a team of people to start stopping trucks out on the highways and robbing their petrol.

In England and i assume most of Britain, the petrol cost is now easily £1.20 a litre and diesel is even more expensive at nearly £1.30 a litre.

That's the equivalent to $2.60 in Australia and in a whopping $3.40 in New Zealand.. for 1 litre of fuel. Crazy. And of course, i'm sure the rail and bus services will hike up soon as to cash in on the people who might decide to take a train, instead of a car. It already cost me £22.00 for a return to Victoria, London with a travelcard. I'm only 40 mins away.

That was last summer when i used to go to a college in Clapham. **** knows what it is now.

Can't you just hijack a car just after it leaves the station, then siphon off the gas? lol

On average I spent £240 a month on petrol, almost as much as my mortgage!

Can't you just hijack a car just after it leaves the station, then siphon off the gas? lol
[/b]
I was reading in the paper that some people nowdays fill up their tanks and ride away before paying haha! Now if you don't have number plates they don't allow you to fill up

I was reading in the paper that some people nowdays fill up their tanks and ride away before paying haha! Now if you don't have number plates they don't allow you to fill up[/b]

You want one of those revolving number plates like James Bond has.

On average I spent £240 a month on petrol, almost as much as my mortgage![/b]

Yeh you see, that money could be used on other things such as a cheap prostitute, or a minor crack habit.

In England and i assume most of Britain, the petrol cost is now easily £1.20 a litre and diesel is even more expensive at nearly £1.30 a litre.

That's the equivalent to $2.60 in Australia and in a whopping $3.40 in New Zealand.. for 1 litre of fuel. Crazy. And of course, i'm sure the rail and bus services will hike up soon as to cash in on the people who might decide to take a train, instead of a car. It already cost me £22.00 for a return to Victoria, London with a travelcard. I'm only 40 mins away.

That was last summer when i used to go to a college in Clapham. **** knows what it is now.
[/b]
Gees I thought we had it bad at $2.10 litre the thing is there's still heaps of people just paying it and using their cars still so the Government just hikes the price when they like because they know we cant do nothing about it and we're so dependant on it. :%#%#:
Can't you just hijack a car just after it leaves the station, then siphon off the gas? lol [/b]
Lol, actually some people have already been on the news stealing number plates even ones from overseas like American ones than goin to a petrol station and driving off without paying.

On average I spent £240 a month on petrol, almost as much as my mortgage![/b]
Yeh you see, that money could be used on other things such as a cheap prostitute, or a minor crack habit. [/b]

Nah I don't worry about that, thanks to a recent contract I signed I can now fly to NZ once a year (along with 31 other people who don't deserve an England shirt) and have all the hookers I want. All on the RFU's tab!

Life is sweet! :cheers:

ahh england... should have stuck with the imperial system... the way it is supposed to be!

Imperial System > Metric System

For what? We do use the imperial system for everything except weight.

Dumbass.

There are 4.55 LITRES in a gallon. We price per LITRE because is's so expensive, creating the illusion of value for the ripped-off punter.

However, we use gallons when measuring Performance of engines (MPG) and various other uses (capacity etc.).

But, being as you come from a country that cannot quite understand there are 14 lbs in a stone, I guess that's a bit tough for you to comprehend.

Dumbass.

And yes, I'm in the mood to pick a fight tonight.

There are 4.55 LITRES in a gallon. We price per LITRE because is's so expensive, creating the illusion of value for the ripped-off punter.

However, we use gallons when measuring Performance of engines (MPG) and various other uses (capacity etc.).

But, being as you come from a country that cannot quite understand there are 14 lbs in a stone, I guess that's a bit tough for you to comprehend.

Dumbass.

And yes, I'm in the mood to pick a fight tonight.
[/b]

I know you do.. and you are missing my point.. IF you had never decided to gradually phase out the IMPERIAL SYSTEM you would buy gasoline by GALLONS.. But all in all i really couldnt give a damn because regardless at least you guys have public transportation.

I think Barrick Obama should invent a car that runs on water because if he becomes the U.S.A's 1st black president he's gonna get shot anyway.

Yeah stupid petrol's gone up again but still nowhere near as bad as your guys prices it's $2.16 now and the explanation for the price going up is.... crude oil prices going up to $146 but than back down to $143. It's like yeah so and what we've all heard all that a million times before give us something else you motherf*****s.

Also rego's and warrants for vehicles will be going up in September to cover road cost and a stupid railway that the Government bought back of which they weren't suppose to flippin sell in the 1st place for a whopping $1.300,000,000 oh I love New Zealand so f****** glorious.

1.3b for a rail network? That's cheep... Our lot could waste that on an enquirey to only discuss re-purchacing the rail network.

I think Barrick Obama should invent a car that runs on water because if he becomes the U.S.A's 1st black president he's gonna get shot anyway.

Yeah stupid petrol's gone up again but still nowhere near as bad as your guys prices it's $2.16 now and the explanation for the price going up is.... crude oil prices going up to $146 but than back down to $143. It's like yeah so and what we've all heard all that a million times before give us something else you motherf*****s.

Also rego's and warrants for vehicles will be going up in September to cover road cost and a stupid railway that the Government bought back of which they weren't suppose to flippin sell in the 1st place for a whopping $1.300,000,000 oh I love New Zealand so f****** glorious.
[/b]

Its bullshit!!! I hate it. Theres no logical explanation about it! Why do we pay tax? instead of flipping protesting i'd hire terrorists to bomb the damn gov! :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: & :ranting:

it's soo terrible
in germany we pay for a liter of benzin (fuel)
1,62 euro

and the raising don't end
tomorrow maybe 1,65 or more :blink:

:%#%#:

I read yesterday newspapers, there writes, that world crisis convenient to the Russian economy. I do not have car, and I even am happy to it because I should not spend money for contingencies.
P.S.Maybe Chineses are right - to have a bicycle better?!

the good news is, it's all about speculators getting rich. They did it for property, they did it for finance, now they're doing it petrol. There are laws to prevent this, but they have loopholes which are being exploited.

Latest posts