• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rising Oil Prices

It was only 8 years ago that everyone blockaded oil refineries about prices going over £1 a litre... I feel ripped off with regards to petrol - I work for the government so I know full well they could knock 12p per litre off comfortably for fuel tax and nobody would be none the wiser and none the worse off.

Rip off.

We have the same problem here in SA where fuel prices have gone up every month so far this year. I think petrol is around R10.30 and R12 (U$ 1.54) although diesel use to be half the price of petrol. BUT in SA we have SASOL and they produce petrol and diesel form cole for less than R1 per liter and they also sell it to other African countries for less than R1 per liter, yet SASOL has their own filling stations but you guessed it you pay the normal price for their petrol as all the other places like Shell, BP, Engen etc. So they are making a huge killing. The other thing is when fuel prices rise so does food prices which is already very expensive.

The other problem we have is that there is really a lack of public transport because either it doesn't exist or it's too dangerous to use so you have to use your own transport to get to work or whatever.

Government does care to lift the fuel price every month because they score big time and government officials couldn't give a **** because they all have petrol cards, and guess who pays for it? I do ie. tax money.

Damn man our petrol's $2.19 now, $2.23 at some BP stations it's risen 9c - 13c since I 1st started this thread a week ago so no doubt in another week it'll be up to $2.25 - $2.30.

Saw on the news some more people are filling up and just driving off good on them I say. It's crap that it's even pushed some people down south to assault someone. I hope it doesn't get any worse because I can see more and more people just filling up and driving off without paying.

I think the petrol station workers need to back off too because some of them act as if it's their petrol and if you rob the petrol station its like your taking it off them.

Its ridiculous! and they're saying that the petrol stations only earn like 4c/L .. and that most of that money is tax and shieet .. pffft thats gay its a conspiracy for them to get rich i tells yah

I read yesterday newspapers, there writes, that world crisis convenient to the Russian economy. I do not have car, and I even am happy to it because I should not spend money for contingencies.
P.S.Maybe Chineses are right - to have a bicycle better?! [/b]

That's why you can never trust those dirty Ruskies.

Although I suppose that's one good thing about a student in Wellington, it's small enough so that I can walk everywhere but not live in some hicksville town.

In the next years there will be much more Cars driving with Autosgas because it is much more cheaper or with Eletromotor, in the Citys I have seen it sometimes, will be much more in the next years

We should all run out cars on wine :D But then it would put increasing pressure on alcoholics as they'd have to pay more for their weekly binge - it's all about supply and demand you know.

Oil is heading down, and will probably keep heading down if we get recession all over the place - high prices are the cure for high prices, but many mightn't have jobs to afford the car payments.

But it looks like high petrol/diesel is here for a while because the high price of oil hasn't been fully factored in yet.

Jeez, Teh Mite - how did you get a mortgage for £250 a month? You couldn't rent a bedroom for that in rip off UK.

We should arrange a mass nobody go to the petrol station day. Everyone just fill up a day before and absolutely no one go to the petrol stations the next day wonder what would that do if for just 1 day they didn't make any money.

Petrol's come down like 4c here now so it's $2.15 in most places so hopefully it keeps dropping but won't be counting on it. It's feukcd up now because if it gets down to $2.00 we'll probably celebrate where before we were gutted when it got to $2.00.

I'm listening to Usher and he's feukcing up my mode I'm trying to write angry but dis fool got me singing baby girl songs n ****.

Latest posts