Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
Venue: Headingly Stadium, Leeds
Time: 8pm
TV: Premier Sports

Do or die for PNG as they have to beat the World Champions in order to give themselves any hopes of progressing. The impressive Kiwis are already through having won their first two games. They may rest a few players but you'd think that PNG's task is a step too far and that the Kumuls will be bowing out at the bottom of Group B.

34 - 0 after 30 min. This is some fantastic attacking rugby league from the Kiwi's. Very fun to watch!

34 - 0 after 30 min. This is some fantastic attacking rugby league from the Kiwi's. Very fun to watch!

40 - 0 at half time.
B Goodwin, R Tuivasa-Sheck x2, S Williams x3, F Nu'uausala tries

Fantastic PNG try near the death!! Too little way too late for them though they had a great 2nd half.

PNG played a very good second half. Final Score 56-10.

PNG pumped it up second half but the first 40 minutes was mesmerising by the Kiwis. They look like they'll take some stopping.

Really enjoyed the game. Happy that PNG was able to score. NZ on fire :)

It was a great game from both teams. Glad to see PNG finish off with some fire. Disappointed with Leuluai - he'll be a big loss for us come the finals.

Goodwin had his best game but still not convinced - i'd rather see Inu there.

It was a great game from both teams. Glad to see PNG finish off with some fire. Disappointed with Leuluai - he'll be a big loss for us come the finals.

Goodwin had his best game but still not convinced - i'd rather see Inu there.

Im with you on Goodwin, I don't rate him at all to be honest. I am convinced we need someone else, Inu maybe but i'd prefer Mannering.

Goodwin is a defensive liability especially up against the big gun's of the Kangaroo's.
Goodwin did look good against PNG, but it was only PNG.

Losing Leuluai is a big blow coming in to the knock out stages, he's an experienced head and he would have been a great bench option if we needed to rest Luke or if one of our halves went down. This is another reason why it would have been good to convince Benji Marshall to play at this world cup. We have literally no real halves and hooker back up options when injuries strike. I don't think he would have been hard to convince either, he's a really proud Kiwi.

Overall I think we look pretty solid, we seem to be running about 80-90% now we need to peak at the right time of this tournament. Get past Scotland injury free and we should do well against England IMO.

Latest posts