• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RLWC Game 6 - Tonga vs Scotland

Tonga have a ton of muscle, and a very good backline aswell. Taufua and Tupou are real weapons. Taufua IMO is a bit like Uate but has the potential to be even better. I'd say he's already atleast as good and he'd be my first choice NSW winger next year.

I expect them to despatch everyone en route to a QF with the Kiwi's. .
Tonga are far more dangerous than Samoa, and Samoa gave the Kiwi's a bit of a test. I expect Tonga will be an even sterner challenge and potentially the upset of the tournament.
Who remembers the 95 world cup game between Tonga and NZ?, it was a real battle. NZ played poorly against a team far less dangerous than this one and nearly got toppled.

Last edited:
I;m loving the look of this Tongan side! Suspect they will comfortably win this won 20+

I;m loving the look of this Tongan side! Suspect they will comfortably win this won 20+
WOW Scotland scored again and now lead 14 - 4 after 32min of the first half. Tonga look very average right now! Their halves have been absolutely rubbish!
One would have to think they will get a kick up the butt at half time and come out much stronger. But for now extremely disappointing. Credit to the Scots though, they are playing very well!

Last edited:
Scots not going to lose this! They have been playing determined and error free so far. Tonga looked very sluggish in the first half.

Scots not going to lose this! They have been playing determined and error free so far. Tonga looked very sluggish in the first half.
Agree with that. Extremely disappointing. I'm certainly going to lose a bit of $ on this one! I'm not sure it's in the bag for the Scots yet though. IF Tonga got a rocket up them and get on the board early in the 2nd they will play on confidence and could push hard for a win. Scots deserved of their lead though and certainly look like they are going to get the first upset of the comp. OZ will be living this too. No disrespect to Scotland but one would think they would much prefer Scotland over Tonga in the Qs if only for the fact that you tend to lose at least one player to injury after a tough match with the Island boys!

Agree with that. Extremely disappointing. I'm certainly going to lose a bit of $ on this one! I'm not sure it's in the bag for the Scots yet though. IF Tonga got a rocket up them and get on the board early in the 2nd they will play on confidence and could push hard for a win. Scots deserved of their lead though and certainly look like they are going to get the first upset of the comp. OZ will be living this too. No disrespect to Scotland but one would think they would much prefer Scotland over Tonga in the Qs if only for the fact that you tend to lose at least one player to injury after a tough match with the Island boys!
Well there's the early try! I've just got a feeling Tonga will get up!

I think the group C winner plays NZ (or winner of group b), so NZ might be happy with the result.

Tonga back on the board 8-20 now

20-14!!!!! Could be a heck of a finish, I've only caught this one from about 30 minutes in and Tonga have been decent since than they must have had a sleepwalking start.

Tonga have a chance to go level here, amazing fightback in the second half. Scotland are self destructing but Tonga have come back into it very well.

Lovely UK weather again, by the way.

I think the group C winner plays NZ (or winner of group b), so NZ might be happy with the result.

Tonga back on the board 8-20 now

Yeah that's what I thought too, but heard the commentators saying OZ will play them... I trust you are right...

Almost a fantastic try by Daniel Tupou which could have tied it up!

But as I type looks like Tonga have scored (Sika Manu) a kick to come to level it at 20!

Yeah that's what I thought too, but heard the commentators saying OZ will play them... I trust you are right...

Almost a fantastic try by Daniel Tupou which could have tied it up!

But as I type looks like Tonga have scored (Sika Manu) a kick to come to level it at 20!

Horrible kicking by Langi! But you'd have to think Tonga are going to win this one!!

Tonga are waltzing over the advantage line at every opportunity now, if Scotland don't slow it down the Tongans will win the game easily.

This tournament has been brilliant so far.

Ridiculously lucky (but then well worked) try. Very unfortunate for Scotland but they did drop the ball under little pressure.

Latest posts