Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
Venue: Memorial Stadium, Bristol
Time: 8pm
TV: Premier Sports, 7:45pm

Two rugby league minnows clash at Bristol as both chase a quarter final place. Looking forward to the game, a lot I don't know about both teams!

Excited to see the Tomahawks play as they are by far the most frequent opponents of Canada (who were just promoted to full member status in the RLIF) and this might give me a bit a gauge as to how well we would do at this mooment at a RLWC. Cook Islands I don't know much about they are ranked quite far down the RLIF world rankings (18th I think) but a few better players are turning out for them in the tournament.

I don't know neither team but I do think that the USA should have the slight advantage. A game similar to PNG - France.

I think this match has a chance to be a real sleeper in terms of quality. Two lesser known teams at the sports biggest stage, hopefully they will turn up and play a solid game. Hard to say who has the advantage as I can't say I know anyone on either roster, I would expect a few NRL guys to appear for the Cook Islands on a heritage basis, and I believe the USA beat France in a warm up so very much up in the air for me.

Sadly can't attend the game tonight. I hate being poor

Good crowd, much better than I thought. Not questioning both teams effort, some big hits flying around.

Good first half, nice to see two pretty even teams that could make a for a better second half.

This is a good game (due to feed error we're only at 60 mins). Makes me even more frustrated/gutted I couldnt go. I think league may have a few new fans in Bristol after this

FYI: No official TV coverage of the RLWC here in the United States. I'm watching it online on a low-def 300k interwebs stream.

Such a tight game. Both teams can still take it. Common Cookies!!!!!!!!

Crowd announced at 7247. Not bad for an area out of Leagues hotbed.

This absolutely fantastic tournament continues, I have been stunned by the quality so far. Very pleased with the Tomahawks performance, the minnows delivering these kinds of performances I wonder whether we will see the RLWC expand by another two teams next time around and the minnows pools grow to 4 teams each rather than having the inter group match up.

Latest posts