Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
Date: 16th November
Time: 8pm
Venue: DW Stadium, Wigan
TV: BBC/Premier Sports

Hosts England will be desperate to qualify for the semi final as they take on misfiring France at Wigan. The French have had a very mixed tournament and England are overwhelming favourites to gain their seemingly customary semi final place.

I'll be there to see if that turns out to be the case.

Last edited:
Cant see anything but an England win. Home advantage, man-to-man superiority should ring true in the end

Feel conflicted for this game.
Never normally a fan of England in rugby league, and support France (+ any side that has Catalans players in, like Ireland and Scotland) but my Englishness is kicking in and I'm starting to like the side :lol:

Think England will win, and fairly comfortably. Hopefully France put up a good performance and do themselves proud.

France started well but now its all England and it could get to be a bit of a hammering in the second half

Reckon there might be a little dust up before time.
Hopefully France can get another try with Tomkins in the bin

Weak last try to concede - tired defensive line leaving big gaps.

Can't see how this England side will beat NZ, but who knows!

It did get a bit techty at the end. England did all the attacking work in the first then defended very well in the second.

England were awful. It's the first time I've got to see them in the flesh and they sucked, monumentally. Luckily it was against vastly inferior opposition but a performance like that next week will lead to a serious beatdown.

No cohesion in attack, Rangi Chase was particularly dreadful and I thought Tomkins was very average and yet hilariously was MOM. If that performance doesn't improve 100% it will get very, very messy at Wembley.

England to be fair showed some nice touches. Problem was when they were near the goaline they struggled to get it over.

There's a lot of talent in the team, I just think there was so little fluency. The second half in particular was very lacklustre. Give the Kiwis that much ball and it will be even worse than the 2000 RLWC semi final.

No cohesion in attack, Rangi Chase was particularly dreadful and I thought Tomkins was very average and yet hilariously was MOM. If that performance doesn't improve 100% it will get very, very messy at Wembley.
Rangi was more interested in picking a fight than playing the game, it seemed.
Think Tomkins was MOTM for sentimental reasons. He showed nice footwork for Charnley's first try, then similar again in the French 20 in the 2nd half, but can't really recall him doing much else in the game. Though Sinfield/Roby/Graham were all far better. Hall had a good game, too, but it was somewhat stifled with most passes that went his way going forwards (bar his two tries, obviously).

Hall is a very good player, can make something happen out of nothing.

Latest posts