RLWC2013: Burgess trio in England squad

TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians

England have named three Burgess brothers in their 24-man squad for the 2013 Rugby League World Cup, which starts later this month.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/24346719

England squad: Carl Ablett (Leeds), Tom Briscoe (Hull), George Burgess, Sam Burgess, Tom Burgess (all South Sydney), Rob Burrow (Leeds), Josh Charnley (Wigan), Rangi Chase (Castleford), Leroy Cudjoe (Huddersfield), Liam Farrell (Wigan), James Graham (Canterbury Bulldogs), Ryan Hall (Leeds), Zak Hardaker (Leeds), Chris Hill (Warrington), Gareth Hock (Widnes), Michael McIlorum (Wigan), Lee Mossop (Wigan), Sean O'Loughlin (Wigan), James Roby (St Helens), Kevin Sinfield (Leeds, capt), Sam Tomkins (Wigan), Kallum Watkins (Leeds), Ben Westwood (Warrington), Gareth Widdop (Melbourne).

Last edited:
Don't know much about Luke, but is he not at the same level as the other 3? From what I have seen Sam is outstanding, George is a massive talent, but I don't have much of an opinion on Tom or Luke. Just interested that Luke wasn't selected!

Also how are the England fans feeling about their chances?? I don't follow English RL at all but clearly they have some talent in their squad! An upset chance? or is their final gonna be against NZ in the semi?

He's a good player, could just be a case of not needing that many props in the squad.
Don't think many (realists) are expecting England win, but you never know with a knockout tournament.
I expected Australia to breeze it last time round and.....

After having watched the League final this weekend I have to say that the English also bring very entertaining footie.

But you always have to face the powerhouse Australia.

Latest posts