Robin Brooke accused of sexual harrassment

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse Bar' started by Gavin, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Gavin

Gavin Guest

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/south-pacific...ual-harrassment
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

In a world where these days you need to ID a girl before chatting them up just not to end up pulling a minor by accident, a likely course of events is:

1. A group of what appears to be young adults are by pool at 2am, more then likely being slightly drunk being that time in the morning.

2. Famous former-rugby playing male, also more then likely with a few jars in his belly himself, flirts with girls in group as walking past unaware of their age.

3. They're drunk and flirt back so he pats one of them on the backside.

4. Young lad takes offence and has a go at famous former-rugby player.

5. Elder male easily overpowers the youngster and scares him off.

6. The **** hits the fan.

7. The mother recounts the recounts opinions of the youngster thoughts to the police and media.

8. What would maybe considered a nothing incident in different circumstances now has the press swarming like vultures.

Question is, what was a group of 15 year old doing up and about at 2am?

Still, naughty naughty.

4. Nickdnz

Nickdnz Guest

Agree with Mite's account to be honest. If he wasn't an All Black, I doubt this would have been an issue.

Robin Brooke, providing this did happen...smack on the wrists.

Don't agree with his actions, and providing it happened it's bad, but short of a "don't do it again" I'm not thinking less of him.

5. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

Hmmmm I'd be a bit sceptical about that. 15 is pushing it a bit to say "she looked 18!" Did it actually say they were ******? I don't like jumping to conclusions on stuff like this.

Anyway, he'll probably get off with no more than a warning, what the lack of any impartial witnesses or evidence.

6. Gavin

Gavin Guest

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/news/33...roping-teenager

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    What the video as well. That guy who is interviewing him is a bit of a ba*tard

7. gingergenius

gingergenius Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 9 2010, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    You're on holiday with your mates and you're going to go to bed early? Staying up past 2 was normal on the weekend when I was 15, especially if you went to a party.

Also, Robin Brooke is in his mid-40s. I know some 15 year olds girls look like jailbait and older than their real age, but 15 year old guys generally don't. The way they behave at that age makes it so obvious that they're immature. So if you're 44 and see a group of what is obviously teenagers, you should know better, alcohol or no alcohol.

8. Nickdnz

Nickdnz Guest

Yeah agreed. He's agreed to undergo alcohole counceling, and accepts the girls version of the event. He also will be donating money to the charity of the girls choice as well as releasing a private and public apology for his behavior.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!