• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Robin Brooke accused of sexual harrassment

G

Gavin

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/south-pacific...ual-harrassment
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The ex-All Black accused of an alleged sexual assault has been named as Robin Brooke.

Fiji police are investigating a former All Black for allegedly sexually harassing a 15-year-old Auckland girl and assaulting an Australian teenage boy who went to her aid.

It is now being reported that the ex-All Black is Robin Brooke.

The incident is alleged to have happened poolside at the Hilton on Fiji's Denarau Island in the early hours of New Year's Day when the two teens were relaxing with friends.

Sergeant Suliano Tevita, who confirmed the man's identity and All Black status, said an investigation was ongoing but no charges had been laid.

The mother of a girl who was with the allegedly harassed teenager, who did not want to be named, said from Nadi last night: "When the children related the story to me the next day, I was gobsmacked [about who it was].

"We had sent them to Denarau because we had perceived it to be safe and we certainly didn't expect a fellow Kiwi to [allegedly do this]. He is an iconic figure who needs to learn how to behave himself."

The teenagers had been relaxing poolside shortly before 2am. "He [the ex-All Black] just walked by a 15-year-old, who is my daughter's friend, and [allegedly] grabbed her backside quite viciously and very hard," the guardian told Sunday News.

"She called out to him, `Hey that is disgusting and it hurt', and then he came back and [allegedly] had another go."

The woman did not witness the event. She and her husband claimed, after confronting the young girl, the former test star then turned on the Aussie boy .

"He was [allegedly] grabbed by the throat, thrown on his back, and had [the man's] fist in his face."

The ex-player did not return Sunday News' calls yesterday.[/b]

In a world where these days you need to ID a girl before chatting them up just not to end up pulling a minor by accident, a likely course of events is:

1. A group of what appears to be young adults are by pool at 2am, more then likely being slightly drunk being that time in the morning.

2. Famous former-rugby playing male, also more then likely with a few jars in his belly himself, flirts with girls in group as walking past unaware of their age.

3. They're drunk and flirt back so he pats one of them on the backside.

4. Young lad takes offence and has a go at famous former-rugby player.

5. Elder male easily overpowers the youngster and scares him off.

6. The **** hits the fan.

7. The mother recounts the recounts opinions of the youngster thoughts to the police and media.

8. What would maybe considered a nothing incident in different circumstances now has the press swarming like vultures.

Question is, what was a group of 15 year old doing up and about at 2am?

Still, naughty naughty.

Agree with Mite's account to be honest. If he wasn't an All Black, I doubt this would have been an issue.

Robin Brooke, providing this did happen...smack on the wrists.

Don't agree with his actions, and providing it happened it's bad, but short of a "don't do it again" I'm not thinking less of him.

Hmmmm I'd be a bit sceptical about that. 15 is pushing it a bit to say "she looked 18!" Did it actually say they were ******? I don't like jumping to conclusions on stuff like this.

Anyway, he'll probably get off with no more than a warning, what the lack of any impartial witnesses or evidence.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/news/33...roping-teenager

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Former All Black Robin Brooke says he is sorry for groping a 15-year-old girl in Fiji.

He had too much to drink and did not remember the New Year's Day incident, but accepted the girl's version of events, Brooke told TV1's Close Up programme last night.

In a press statement issued a short time later, Brooke said he met the girl and her family last week and they had accepted his personal apology.

He said he agreed to alcohol counselling, a $3000 donation to charity, reimbursement of her airfare and payment of legal fees.

The former rugby star had been accused of harassing the teen at Denarau Resort in Fiji, and assaulting her 17-year-old friend when he tried to intervene.

He told Close Up he was on his own and walking toward a taxi when the incident happened early on New Year's Day.

"It was 3am ... I had had too much to drink."

He did not recall the events but was told five days later by a security guard. "Within 20 minutes of finding out, I was on the phone to the Whittakers [the family of the girl's 17-year-old Australian friend]; I set up a meeting with them. I rang the guardian of the young lady concerned."

He understood the angry reaction of the girl's parents because he had two daughters of his own.

Before the incident, Brooke said he did not think that he had a problem with alcohol, but counselling would help him find out whether he did. "I welcome that opportunity to find out."

His wife and family were disappointed with his actions, he said.

He appeared on the television programme because he needed to "put something right". "There are no winners in this whole situation and I am truly sorry it ever happened ... I've let myself down."

Brooke said a photo published in a Sunday newspaper, showing him in lingerie with tampons dangling from his ears, was taken six hours earlier at a separate location, after he lost a swimming bet.[/b]

What the video as well. That guy who is interviewing him is a bit of a ba*tard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 9 2010, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Question is, what was a group of 15 year old doing up and about at 2am?

Still, naughty naughty.[/b]

You're on holiday with your mates and you're going to go to bed early? Staying up past 2 was normal on the weekend when I was 15, especially if you went to a party.

Also, Robin Brooke is in his mid-40s. I know some 15 year olds girls look like jailbait and older than their real age, but 15 year old guys generally don't. The way they behave at that age makes it so obvious that they're immature. So if you're 44 and see a group of what is obviously teenagers, you should know better, alcohol or no alcohol.

Yeah agreed. He's agreed to undergo alcohole counceling, and accepts the girls version of the event. He also will be donating money to the charity of the girls choice as well as releasing a private and public apology for his behavior.

Latest posts