• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RO'G to Retire

You're wrong. And to be honest I think you take it far too far with that statement. And again you are just dodging the point. I have commented on his game and tried to back up by finding some video evidence to prove my point on YouTube. How has criticising someone's game and someone's quotes got anything to do with wishing ill on someone. I am not exactly saying that MacRae did the right thing and is great for that incident in 2001 am I?

His quotes ...
Well Duck too far or not that is how much I think you hate him and well I think you are at point of obsession as its repetitive in all threads nearly your hatred for man. And it my opinion as I said others can decide for themselves

Sorry to bring this up again. But even in retirement the deluded sense of entitlement and ego from camp ROG is unbelievable. First he was saying this at the time, now it's brought up again. How in the hell was his dropping unreasonable after his "performance" against Scotland the week before (another match ROG reckons he should have started in) and general performances all season. If Kidney did anything wrong it was not getting rid sooner, ROG and his wife should be grateful that Kidney kept trotting him off the bench for so long in the first place despite not being the best choihce. Kidney was very loyal to ROG, and what he gets in return is this.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rug...h-kidney-over-treatment-of-star-29281954.html

RONAN O'Gara's wife has launched a scathing attack on Declan Kidney and the IRFU for "mistreating" her husband toward the end of his career when he was unceremoniously dropped from the Irish squad.

Last March, Kidney sensationally left O'Gara out of his 23-man squad for the visit of France to the Aviva Stadium, signalling the end of the Munster player's glittering international career.

It was the first time in his 128-cap and 13-year career that a fully fit O'Gara was not on the team or bench for his country. His wife, Jessica, said it was an "awful" blow for her husband to take, and believes Ronan wasn't shown due respect after dedicating so many years of his life to the Irish setup.

"The way last season ended for him was dreadful. I felt it would have been great for him to have one last day at the Aviva, he could have been clapped off the field," she said.

"If only Munster had made the (Heineken Cup) final we'd have had the day in Dublin, but it wasn't to be. He played so well against Clermont that he'd have no regrets.

"And the way he played against Clermont almost made the Ireland thing worse, because it was clear he was playing well.

"He was really mistreated. For what he gave to Ireland for so many years, he could have been treated a lot better. It would have been nice."

Seriously? This isn't needed at all. It's his wife of course she's going to support him and think he should play. She also thought the conversation was of the record. All the stuff she said was reasonable for someones spouse to say.

Seriously? This isn't needed at all. It's his wife of course she's going to support him and think he should play. She also thought the conversation was of the record. All the stuff she said was reasonable for someones spouse to say.

If they are deluded with a sense of entitlement. Was unnecessary to go to the press anyway.

What a gracious and humble way ROG has bowed out of his career and handed over to the next generation ...

Duck, do you/have you ever played rugby or any competitive sport because as a sportsperson you have to think your the best, especially in a position like outhalf, and you have to find out what makes you click and play well otherwise you won't succeed. ROG's way of doing that might have come off as arrogant but it was a mechanism that he had to help him perform. Also this is his wife, obviously she was disappointed at how his international career ended and said that off the record to someone she must have trusted.

If they are deluded with a sense of entitlement. Was unnecessary to go to the press anyway.

What a gracious and humble way ROG has bowed out of his career and handed over to the next generation ...

Do you really find it hard to understand why mm thinks you hat him?

As I said she thought it was off the record and it's not RO'G is it? His wife is an independant human being. Look at what she said. "It would have been great for him to have a last day at the Aviva". Yes it would have been great for him.

The mistreated thing yes but it's very understandable that his wife felt her husband who was very clearly Kidney's number 2 10 and dropped for an unconfident 20 year old just back from injury felt he was. You're reaching with this.

In fairness, I can't see why she went running her mouth to the press. I guess it's a family trait, eh?

Duck, do you/have you ever played rugby or any competitive sport because as a sportsperson you have to think your the best, especially in a position like outhalf, and you have to find out what makes you click and play well otherwise you won't succeed. ROG's way of doing that might have come off as arrogant but it was a mechanism that he had to help him perform. Also this is his wife, obviously she was disappointed at how his international career ended and said that off the record to someone she must have trusted.

Compare and contrast with Jonny Wilkinson, Stephen Jones or Dan Carter and come back to me.

Do you really find it hard to understand why mm thinks you hat him?

As I said she thought it was off the record and it's not RO'G is it? His wife is an independant human being. Look at what she said. "It would have been great for him to have a last day at the Aviva". Yes it would have been great for him.

The mistreated thing yes but it's very understandable that his wife felt her husband who was very clearly Kidney's number 2 10 and dropped for an unconfident 20 year old just back from injury felt he was. You're reaching with this.

Yes and there are interviews of ROG himself has said pretty much the same thing as well. You know full well this is ROG's view as well.

As for your second point. He had been past it and on borrowed time for a while, I am staggered that they are so deluded that it took them as a big surprise they might have been dropped. The sense of entitlement is unreal.

Last edited:
Compare and contrast with Jonny Wilkinson, Stephen Jones or Dan Carter and come back to me.

Yeah I suppose they just walk out on to the pitch for a big match having not even thought about it in a week's training? Every player will have a different way of getting themselves ready for a game, at times RO'G thought he had to talk himself up to be ready to perform.

Yeah I suppose they just walk out on to the pitch for a big match having not even thought about it in a week's training? Every player will have a different way of getting themselves ready for a game, at times RO'G thought he had to talk himself up to be ready to perform.

Think about what?

We're not talking about pre-game either. This is post game mouthing off which is being referred to, even after terrible performances like the Scotland game. You would have though ROG would have quietened down after that howler.

None of the names above needed to be arrogant and believing their own hype to be top fly halves like you suggest that a fly half needs to be.

Duck not to burst bubble or argue. Read the Wxaminer for her real story. The independent went to town and all they did was take an article from Examiner and twist it. She refuses to entertain Independant over 2007 where she was harassed by them so again don't believe all you read. And in real article (on a pullout tribute to Roban) she actually speaks highly of Kidney.
Think that article more annoyance at they were frozen out in favour of Examiner and Mail

This is the best thing that ROG did in his life. Congratulations to a proud Irishman from Cork.

frontpageimage.jpg

The face of Brian O'Driscoll is unpayable.

Last edited:

Latest posts