• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rolling maul in open play

J

jimmy44

I saw the AI start a rolling maul in open play but I can't seem to do it as the player!

I kicked the ball into space, the AI player picked the ball up, turned round crouched down and his other forwards joined onto him to form a rolling maul. It was great!

What I noticed is the player bumping into one of his team mates and this seemed to trigger a rolling maul. I tried it but keep on getting tackled before I can bump into one of my players!

Has anyone else seen a rolling maul in open play? Any ideas how this can be done?

Cheers

J

I have formed a maul in open play. It is possible but I think that it comes down to luck. Every time that I have succeeded it was by accident and whenever I try to form a maul it never comes off.

I've been playing pretty extensively and only ever done it from lineouts and kickoffs... don't suppose either of you guys did it after a big up and under or something? Maybe there's something in the programming that lets you do it after kicks? would be great to be able to do this though, especially close to the opposition goal line off slow ball...

It was in general play. My HB threw a wayward pass and when one of my flankers ran back to get the ball with defenders in close pursuit a maul suddenly formed.

I thought that maybe my player had to have his back turned to the opposition to form a maul but I haven't been able to do it like that.

I thought that maybe only certain players could perform them or it only happened when your player got tackled in a certain way when they were in a certain position.

But I figure - what is the point of trying all of these combinations and methods when rolling mauls don't really make much of a difference.

I've had a rolling maul in general play I think it happened when one of my players was caught in the beginning of a double tackle but the second tackler didn't arrive and a rolling maul was formed. As far as I can see it's just happens on it's own.

Ha-ha it sounds like a bug - Ozzy I think that you got it bang-on. Sometimes it just happens.

Maybe 2007 will include user-controlled mauls!

Good thing they don't have that many mauls in 06 cos they suck when they happen.

Bring back Jonah!

They hardly ever occur in real rugby from open play so why do you want it here?

Latest posts