Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8685851.stm

American heavy rock singer Ronnie James Dio, who replaced Ozzy Osbourne in Black Sabbath, has died at the age of 67, his wife and manager have said.
Dio had been suffering from stomach cancer.
Before joining Black Sabbath he sang in Rainbow - formed when Ritchie Blackmore left Deep Purple - and later in Heaven & Hell and the self-***led band Dio.
Dio's wife Wendy paid a loving tribute to her husband on his website, saying: "Today my heart is broken."
<!-- E SF -->She said her husband had passed away on Sunday morning.
'Live on forever'
"Many, many friends and family were able to say their private goodbyes before he peacefully passed away," she wrote.
"Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever."

He was being treated at a hospital in Houston, Texas, according to his website.
The statement of his death was confirmed by Los Angeles publicist Maureen O'Connor, Associated Press reported.
Dio revealed last summer that he was suffering from stomach cancer shortly after wrapping up a US tour.
He was born Ronald James Padavona to an Italian-American family in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
He is said to have got the idea for his name change from a mobster called Johnny Dio.
Rated one of rock's most powerful vocalists, he rose to fame in the mid-1970s as lead singer of Rainbow, before replacing Osbourne in Black Sabbath in 1980.
Later that year the band released their ninth studio album, Heaven And Hell, considered by many fans as one of the greatest heavy rock LPs of all time.
Dio's solo hits included Rainbow In The Dark, The Last In Line, and Holy Diver.
"He possessed one of the greatest voices in all of heavy metal, and had a heart to match it," Twisted Sister guitarist Jay Jay French, whose band used to tour with Dio, told AP.

Really sh*t :(
He made some excellent music,

Rumours were flying around that he'd died yesterday morning, but then his wife spoke to Blabbermouth.net and said he hadn't, but then 2hours later spoke to them again and confirmed it

RIP

RIP DIO, he will be sadly missed. can't believe yet another legend has gone :( :(
only just started getting into DIO in the last year or so... my band are definetly gonna keep Holy Diver in the set list now ...

So sad news.He was awesome man.He had brilliant voice which I have listened to since Elf, One of the most powerful voices in heavy metal, I loved every band he was in, Rainbow especially. My favorite Black Sabbath song and album is Heaven and Hell...just amazing!!

Latest posts