• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rookie needing advice

melkorka

Academy Player
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'd appreciate some advice. Just joined a local rugby club. Long story short, I'm no where near as good as the other girls who've been playing for 9+ years and they're giving me a really hard time. This is expected as a rookie but instead of helping me and answering my questions they just ignore me and talk ****. I know I have the dedication and passion to be a great asset to their team but they aren't helping me become a better player. Any advice on how to handle this?

Well it sounds like you've joined a pretty cr*p team. Your teammates should be there to help you and support you, not ridicule you. I'd be trying to find a different one if I were you.

As far as improving goes, what aspects are you trying to improve on? And the best way to improve is simply to play as much rugby as you can and put in as many hours and as much effort as you an in training.

If you do choose to stay where you are then I'd say that the best way to get along with your team mates is to give it time. Show them how hard you work and do your talking on the pitch, impress them by showing what an asset you are.

Last edited:
I'm trying to improve my tackling and my passing. When I asked what was legal in a tackle I was ignored so I had to look up a video to get some tips. As far as passing I struggle with slowing down and getting behind the ball after I pass.
I really appreciate your advice. They are the only local women's team here unfortunately so I am trying to stick it out best I can.

Latest posts