Rory Best to retire after the World Cup

Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Great player, Ireland's most successful captain, age is catching up with him and it's been about 12 months since he's put two great performances in back to back but his game against Leinster showed his class once more. He'll be missed, hopefully he finishes on a high.

He's **** and can't throw for ****.

Now that Olyys comments are out of the way, excellent leader for Ireland and Ulster. Incredibly consistent. Was excellent at the breakdown and probably an absolute pain in the ass to play against. Was never the greatest thrower out there but nowhere near as bad as made out, he regularly plays 70 minutes and the Irish lineout usually has one of the higher completion percentages.

Probably the most remarkable thing for me is how long he managed to keep that starting jersey given he didn't take over until his late 20s. 116 caps is never something to be sneezed at.

On his day, he was a world class player. He'll rightly go down as one of the greats of Irish rugby. He can look back on his achievements as captain with tremendous pride.

As said above, age is catching up on him and while I no longer think he's Ireland's best hooker, I won't begrudge him lifting the Webb Ellis Cup on November 2nd!

Excellent career and good that he's going out on his own terms.

116 caps is never something to be sneezed at.
Only 17 men have played more internationals. 3rd on the Irish list, more caps than any Englishman and the home unions most capped player without any Lions caps.

A good solid player in my opinion, the diverse opposite to Hartley.
Great around the park not so hot in scrum and his darts.
A

Age waits for no man. Can be extremely proud of a great career as a player but also as a man. When Ulster had tough times he always came through as a shining light

Latest posts