Round 12 - Cats v W.Force

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by Dumbo, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

Battle of the wooden spooners, the Cats (ranked 13th) take on the Western Force (ranked 14).
    The Force showed last week that they can be giant killers in their last run against top of the ladder Crusaders.
    Could be a good game…

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. The Force showed that they can match up with the best in the business, a week after producing their worst ever performance. However they will be on the road, and after a long flight, jet lag, and being on the Highveldt, their energy may be sapped a bit.

Still, they are facing a Cats team that no matter where they are playing, or who they have in the team, they just can not perform to the standed required to be competitive in the Super 14.

It could well be close, or a blowout. Either way it will be the Force's first ever win. Force by 10-20 points.

4. Bull

Bull Guest

Force by 8!

5. esoj

esoj Guest

I think the force might be still getting over last weeks near miss which will affect them in this game. also they are playing away from home so they won't have the crowd to lift them home. I think this will be a good game proabbly close but I think the cats will come through in a close game

6. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

They played a draw against the Crusaders... you see this as something thats gonna cause them issues? f&*k me... (gay sig or no gay sig, truth we need to have a talk)

7. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

:lol2tn:

I dont want to get too confident, but this is such a great chance to win our first match and get off the bottom of the table i'd be shattered if they didn't win this one.

They'll be full of confidence after last week and i'm thinking our first win is on it's way (fingers crossed)

8. aussie1st

aussie1st Guest

If the Force can't win here they won't get a win for the season.

9. esoj

esoj Guest

the fact they came so close and lost. and in some people's view were "robbed".

it surely has to have some affect on them after it has been in the media etc. and I am sure the memories will come flooding back if it is close with a few mins to go. and like i said they are playing away from home so the crowd won't be able to lift them.

this is their best chance of wining though.

10. loratadine

loratadine Guest

i think we'll win, its a great chance and the boys will be really confident after there performance against the crusaders. im saying force by 5.

11. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

Um, last time I checked the game ended 23-all which in my books is a draw.

Just stating the obvious..... :)

12. esoj

esoj Guest

I proabbly should have phrased it better. what i was trying to say was that they lost at winining the game if you get my drift.

13. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Phrased it better? You were plain out wrong :p . Nice try though buddy ;) .

14. esoj

esoj Guest

eh the force did not win buddy they lost at winning the game.

15. sanzar

sanzar Guest

That's great, but it doesn't change the fact that it isn't correct English to say a team "lost at winning the game". You can say that they "failed to achieve victory" or they "failed to win the game", but not "they lost at winning the game"... persist with it by all means if it doesn’t bother you, but don't be surprised if people start mistaking you for a Jamaican stoner.

16. Rassie

Rassie Guest

Well, if you ask me, in the previous game, Force vs Crusaders, the cantabs thought they can win the game only by their sheer presence! They`ve underrated Force and that`s why they encountered really difficulties!

It will be different with Cats! I`m not saying Force don`t have the force (hehe) to win their first S14 game, but i don`t think Cats will lose this one! You`ll see !

17. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

I dont buy that excuse, in the media all last week Robbie Deans insisted that they would not take the Force lightly and that his players had never played in perth before and would treat it as a new challenge.

Sure they didn't play there best, but you have to give the Force most of the credit for that the way they put them under pressure all night.They made the Crusaders look very predictable.

Force by 10

18. Wally

Wally Guest

And trust me, you don't want that.

19. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Junior Pelesasa returns from injury
    [​IMG]

Great to have Pelesasa and Mackay back ........ it's good times at the Force with the great game last week ,the signing of Giteau and the return of two of our best players , all we need now is a win.

20. loratadine

loratadine Guest

thats great news, its no doubt hes a big powerful guy, something we need, to set markers for the forwards and break through tackles.

21. Any news on the Cats team?

South Africans to take it. Shouldn't underestimate them at home, even if they do seem cack...

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!