• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 14- Blues v Chiefs

buck would be awesome but i was listening to radiosport yesterday and the nzrfu basically don't want to know about him and won't give him a shot.

the ice man would be awesome as coach but I think sadly he is tied up with his committments to manu samoa at the moment.

another name i heard was wayne pivac who is coaching fiji. he said he would put his hand up if nucifora got the sack and I think he would be good.

Originally posted by woosaah@May 14 2006, 06:44 PM
no of the superior cantabrian rugby.

the superior team play that the crusaders bring to the tormament

you guys did get lavea remember
Superior Cantab Rugby?

Could someone remind this stoner who has won 3 out of the last 4 NPC's. And most the Crusaders "team" is from elsewhere. The likes of Sommerville, Gear, McCaw and Tuialili.

Hmm a quick look and you can see a number of players for Auckland born in Tonga, Samoa, Fiji, Australia etc.

Face it, in todays day and age it doesn't matter where you're from, it's who you're playing for isn't it? :violin:

The difference is they came here when they were 5. Usually in barefeet. On a boat.

IMO, and don`t call me racist, the Blues suck due to the large number of islanders inthe team!

Why PI`S will never do anything in a WRC? Easy, they lack brains! Having them in such a large numbers in a team will lead you to be last!

Originally posted by dobrien7@May 15 2006, 05:43 PM
Hmm a quick look and you can see a number of players for Auckland born in Tonga, Samoa, Fiji, Australia etc.

Face it, in todays day and age it doesn't matter where you're from, it's who you're playing for isn't it? :violin:
a lof of them were born in nz as well and almost all of them have been in nz since they were lik 5 or something.

Originally posted by esoj+May 16 2006, 03:18 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dobrien7
@May 15 2006, 05:43 PM

a lof of them were born in nz as well and almost all of them have been in nz since they were lik 5 or something. [/b]
A lot of them yes, but about the same amount of Crusaders were born out of Chch as Blues out of Auckland. But then does it really matter where you're born in rugby, as there isn't any Sate of Origin games played.

Originally posted by Rassie@May 15 2006, 08:49 PM
IMO, and don`t call me racist, the Blues suck due to the large number of islanders inthe team!

Why PI`S will never do anything in a WRC? Easy, they lack brains! Having them in such a large numbers in a team will lead you to be last!
On News Talkback with Murray Deaker they brought up this topic a few months ago.....this was highlighted by the Warriors dismal performances. A few callers bemoaned about there being too many islanders in the Blues as to why they were losing.

Though after about an hour deaker confessed that it was an "Auckland" problem......their rugby/league/netball/cricket/basketball/touch/ etc etc teams were losing and were no longer at the top.

In some ways Rassie is right.....rugby is just as much a mind game as it is a physical one. Islanders with their leanings towards grunt and flair do tend to rely more on the physical.

The Crusaders are not a showy team but have proven their success with the right rugby nous at precisely the right time. Their game is always a step ahead. Yes they are also full of white guys compared to the Blues.

However.....the Polynesians (Maoris included in this) who do end up with the Crusaders always seem to play better and more intelligently. Crusaders history is full of brown players who arrived and turned into superstars when at their old clubs they were merely...players. Currently they have key players in their squad who are non-whites and who are vital to their game plan.

What is the common factor in all this? What makes the Crusaders successful over the long haul?

Team philosophy and coaching....the Crusaders get all sorts of rugby rejects from all over the place....big, small, short, tall, brown, white. The players change but the results remain the same.

Me and a friend often comment on how Island guys like the Wellington boys and some Auckland boys would be untouchable if they were in the Crusaders and learning the Crusaders ways. Jerry Collins is a better No8 than Tualii. Rokocoko, Howlett, and even the chiefs players Muliaiina, Sivivatu, and Anesi have got light years on Hamilton and Ralph. Imagine how much more lethal the Crusaders would be if they got in a couple of these outside backs. Rico Gear was just a utility with the Blues but now he is like a star. Casey Laulala was a nobody at Counties, Leo'o was another reject, etc etc.

Sailor used to comment on how the Crusaders are the team that best reflect the culture he experienced at the Broncos. Imagine if sailor was in the Crusaders on the wing instead of Ralph. What about Tuqiri instead of Hamilton?

Man for man the Blues have more better players than the Crusaders do and would be picked first for the AB's. In fact if you went around all the NZ franchises you would find that man for man the Crusaders are not that dominant at all if ever.

They dominate because of their training.

So in conclusion...........the Blues do not suck because of their PI dominance. NZ selection is not racially based but performance motivated. The Blues suck because with all their talent they are coached badly and selections are awry. Once these Blues PI's go back to Henry's training camp they magically transform into world beating AB's.

yeah good point gg. the crusaders man for man proabbly aren't the best team but as a team they play better than anyone.

dobrien 7 fair enough point to you too. and yeah it doesn't matter really where you are born so long as the player makes himself availabe for the country he wants to play for. and for some island players this will mean nz as they have been here most of their lives and others choose to play for their island nation of birth. in the end nz is a place where I think anybody of any race can live and call home if they so choose too.

Well, I think a contentious issue has been amicably resolved with common sense. Next order of issue to be addressed - World Peace :p

Seriously though, top posts, and even though your another 'race' surely you should play for the country you've lived most of your life in, unlike say a Karmichael Hunt (sorry - off on a tangent).

Originally posted by esoj@May 16 2006, 05:00 PM
nz is a place where a think anybody of any race can live and call home if they so choose too.
Too right mate!

My SA teaching collagues always look at us kiwis in bewilderment as to what do we actually have to legitimately complain about......??????

The PI boys are more than proud to be known as All Blacks. It is their choice....no one forces them to......

Latest posts