English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Just been announced by the Prem,
Some short turnarounds in there - we play Exeter, Wasps and Bristol in an 8 day period.1594393992650.png1594394004852.png1594394014619.png1594394024038.png

I've already told my wife that I'm watching every single one on BT Sport

Going to be very intense for the players and lots of squad rotation needed. Could be some interesting tactical choices coming up. Who do you play a weaker side against and what if you take a gamble? Could pay off or not.

Yeah. I thought the same. Squad depth is going to be very exposed.

I can't help thinking Sale are brave only naming 33 players. I guess it's a bit like a World Cup scenario in some respects. It can be done, but it can't be sustained.

Not necessarily brave just...a necessity. We don't have anyone else - which is why I was surprised we released as many as we did. We've always had one of the smallest squads in the league and used the senior academy to top up when needed.
Then again the players we released were mainly in positions we've reasonable depth - mostly backrowers wings and a 9

Hooker is biggest issue - I'm not sure how I'd feel about Langdon starting, and I don't rate neild at all.
It only takes one injury at prop before our entire roster of props is playing every game as well

I quite liked Neild a few years ago, but I can barely remember him playing now.

Webber is going to be missed for sure and you'll be leaning on Akker a lot.

Quins have a bet of depth in most areas, but unless PG has something up his sleeve we only have two 9s (Care and Landajo). Both are fairly injury prone so we definitely need back up.

I quite liked Neild a few years ago, but I can barely remember him playing now.
He looked promising early on but realistically is a blindside flanker - but good luck getting ahead of Ross/Du Preez/Curry there now...
Dan Braid said he was one of the most promising/naturally talented flankers he'd worked with, back when he was...18? 19? but Cam was deadset on playing at hooker and it's just not working for him. His set piece (both darts and hooking) are really....not good. Hopefully they're both things he's been working on and can grow into because he really is a talented player - just not in that position.
He's had his fair share of injuries, though - could just be that his progress has been stalled because of that and this break (plus this season in general where he's been playing lower level) has seen him kick on - it's hard to work on your scrummaging in a knee brace.

I'm really looking forward to the Quins game - we were in fine form before the break, and I can't help but think withholding full contact sport from the likes of the Du Preez twins/Ross/Akker for four months is going to see them fly out and absolutely crumple some players. It's just in their blood.

Yep. It's going to be an interesting re-start.

You know it!

As a disclaimer: I'm not sure if the televised matches in the OP are correct: they removed that info from the prem site about 15mins after I screenshotted them, and said that they'll confirm televised games at some point in the future.

That said: those games all make sense as televised ones, so I think they accidentally released the info when they meant to stagger it for more impact.

Yeah. Although I did think it was strange to show two games on Saturdays and none on Sundays? Might make more sense to show Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Is there any possibility of them trying to show more games or all being streamed somehow as I assume there are no fans in the stadiums.?

Looked at the chiefs player list and they have 56 players on the website. Big squad bodes well. Like 32 new contracts? Unfortunatly Cuthbert resigned, was hoping to trim that fat though

That schedule is absurd. More intense than a World Cup. Nearly 3 games a week at that level of rugby is really going to **** up some players - there's clearly just 0 consideration for their welfare in this decision. 75% as much money to double your workload. Seriously disappointing to see.

This season really should've just been binned off given that Sarries were already confirmed as relegated.

Yeah. I think we're all pretty much agreed on that.

Still, I can't deny that I'm excited at the prospect of seeing some love rugby.

Slight Freudian slip there ... that was supposed to say 'live' not love, but I'll roll with it ...

Rugby shouldnt be played more than 1 game per team a week and agree the season prob should have been stopped ages ago but tbh as BPM said i cant wait to see some live rugby either.

Happy that teams dont incur fines for putting out weak teams, means hopfully we will see some young talent getting a shot before next season.

And i want to see Semi Randradra in the prem (he will be here by now right?)

Latest posts