• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Royal Rumble 2008

W

woosaah

Anyway,

What a BS pay per view this was, glad i didnt pay for it. Flatmate loves it he was at work and i recorded for him, so didnt have a choice but watch it.

First match Rick Flair vs MVP, crap. Rick Flair as predictable as ever wins the match with the figure four. He got the 3 count but the ref reversed it as he saw that Rick Flair had his foot on the rope, still you see that in other wrestling and they still count it. BS fight.

Second match JBL vs Jerico, JBL win by disqualification. Stupid match just a repeat of Monday Night RAW. stupid BS

Third match Rey Mesterio vs Edge BS win again, Mesterio shoudl have had the 3 count but vicky guerro came and intervined. stupid.

actual Royal Rumble. Had its moments, saw Jimmy "superfly" Snuka and Rowdy Roddy Piper, that was fun. Finlay getting disqualified while trying to protect the midget. so in Theory that should leave 29 people coming into the ring right? no still 30, and the 30th was? Cena, BS again so he won that. Beating Tripple H at the end was just stupid should have just given it to him. Though i guess after injuring himself they needed to give him a ***le shot straight away. I dont know why i keep watching it, its just too scripted.

well if you didnt want to see the results you didnt have to jump on the thread :) its been finished for almst 2 1/2 hours lol

sorry anyway lol

Nah, your fine Woosaah. It was good to have a read and see the results. I wouldn't venture into a thread labelled Cloverfield this week for the same reasons.

exactly :) i think i missed a fight between hardy and orton. was a better fight, and actually the better fighter won on the day :) still it was orton, and he is a ****, With a capitol W

He's cast brilliantly for the **** role though. Some of the arrogant wrestlers are the funniest. Not so much Orton, but some of the others.

My point is thank you, as it would have used up a lot of my time to watch it, you actually helped me out, with being too lasy to look up the results. Allowed me to actually get onto things I needed to do...

Well, you aren't the first or the last who'll have his words read wrong, Davey-boy. Makes more sense now, good post.

I wouldn't pay to see the whole thing, but the Main Event is always a laugh.

I thought Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka was dead!
Maybe I got him confused with someone else....

I hate Cena so much, I used to watch wrestling as a kid, then every year I would watch for a few months....but Cena ruined it for me, he exemplifies all I hate about wrestling of today, all 'attitude' no ability....I still mourn the retirement of Bret Hart :cryy:

Well, you aren't the first or the last who'll have his words read wrong, Davey-boy. Makes more sense now, good post.

I wouldn't pay to see the whole thing, but the Main Event is always a laugh. [/b]

I hear ya Rubber Ducky, thisy here walkie talkie gets me words all jumbled I tells ya.

Am looking forward to seeing the actual rumble that fingers crossed got recorded for me though, always extracts a giggle as you say.

So I'm guessing Brett Hart, Razor Ramone and Lex Luger are the leading contenders this year?

well if you didnt want to see the results you didnt have to jump on the thread :) its been finished for almst 2 1/2 hours lol

sorry anyway lol [/b]

No its fine mate. How in the living hell is Ric Flair still going?! He's one of the worst bloody wrestlers I've ever seen, and I've seen allot of "real" ultimate fighting in my time...wait... :blink:

Anyway, UFC bashing aside, I think ol' Vince needs to seriously just let go and move on with some new talent. He'll be trying to clone the dead member of the Legion of Doom soon for a rematch against the Bush Whackers!

Also...I think he should bring back the X....F....LLLLL! Just for laughs. If I won the lottery I'd fund a testimonial year for it!

It was a poor PPV. I enjoyed the Rumble itself (Cena shocked me, totally) but the other matches were very ordinary. JBL is dreadful and made one of the worst mistakes I've ever seen in the ring. The Orton/Hardy match was a gross, gross disappointment.