• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rua Tapoki

Langooner

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Munster
Hey does anyone know what Rua Tapoki is doing now? I heard he moved back to New Zealand and is working for the Government, but i also heard he is coaching a team in New Zealand. Maybe he's doing both?

Hey does anyone know what Rua Tapoki is doing now? I heard he moved back to New Zealand and is working for the Government, but i also heard he is coaching a team in New Zealand. Maybe he's doing both?

Doing bits and pieces or coaching, comentating part time (the thick maori accent grates a bit to be honest) but i think for the most part he is just relaxing with his family and enjoying retirement to be honest.

Was chatting to him a few weeks before the Christmas too he does a bit of charity work in area too but he enjoys raising the family

He calls quite a few matches in the NPC, and is a regular guest on "Northern Exposure", a New Zealand TV show focused on NH rugby.

He watches Lemi Mafi on TV and thinks to himself "How did I ever manage to make that useless prat look good".

Thing is though Bullitt he did make Mafi a class act and knew how to control him

I seen him on Maori TV the other week. He was at the National Kapa Haka Championship.