• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ruben Kruger passes away

B

Bullitt

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3...5889908,00.html

South Africa's rugby community is in mourning after Ruben Kruger, a member of the 1995 World Cup-winning side, died of cancer on Wednesday.

Kruger had been battling the disease for ten years since a tumour was discovered in 2000, and had operations to remove tumours in 2007 and 2009 as well.

The 36-Test Bok is generally regarded as one of the best flankers the Boks have Bulls ever had, and was named South African Player of the Year in 1995.

"Apart from his rugby playing abilities, he has been a superb human being and everyone that knew him will surely miss him in the months and years to come," the Blue Bulls said in a statement on Thursday.

"In times like these we need one another and we trust that the Lord will comfort his family in a way that only He can."

How very, very sad.

If someone wants to write a tribute, please feel free to do so and we'll post it on the portal. Tragic news.

:eek:

One of my favourite Bok flankers along with Venter & Erasmus.

Tragic & sad.

R I P

I was very sad when I heard this. He was such a good guy, never bigger than the game. A real family man and a child of God.
Mooi loop Yster!

RIP Ruben,

If anyone saw him play he had the best engine of anyone I've seen before and after him!

Latest posts