• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ruck of the Day

R

RoyalBlueStuey

Why is there no terrestrial Match of the Day equivalent for the Guinness Premiership? Surely this could have been including in the bidding.

Fair enough if Sky are going to put good money in to get the live games but the highlights show should be available to everyone. It'd benefit Sky and the clubs 'cause it would generate interest. Even if it was tucked away on Sunday evening or something....The fans deserve better than the odd Rugby Special whenever the Anglo-Welsh roles round.

SB

Why is there no terrestrial Match of the Day equivalent for the Guinness Premiership? Surely this could have been including in the bidding.

Fair enough if Sky are going to put good money in to get the live games but the highlights show should be available to everyone. It'd benefit Sky and the clubs 'cause it would generate interest. Even if it was tucked away on Sunday evening or something....The fans deserve better than the odd Rugby Special whenever the Anglo-Welsh roles round.

SB
[/b]

The BBC did do this with Rugby Special. Then they downgraded it with Match of the week in Grandstand...then they got rid of it altogether! :(

Basically typical BBC, jump on the bandwagon when England win the world cup and then as England's fortunes wane they jump off while there is still time!

The BBC did do this with Rugby Special. Then they downgraded it with Match of the week in Grandstand...then they got rid of it altogether! :(

Basically typical BBC, jump on the bandwagon when England win the world cup and then as England's fortunes wane they jump off while there is still time!
[/b]

What they do with MotD is fantastic...it's just a shame that that is the only game they are doing it for. The current Rugby Special format is ripe for expension....it'd be doing Sky's marketing for them so everyone would win. Come on beeb, sort it out.

I feel a self righteous e-mail campaign coming on :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/info/contactus/form.shtml

And knowing the Beeb, it's only be Leicester, Wasps and Johnny Wilkinson getting any coverage.

Hold on... I've just described "The Rugby Club", only with barnes instead of that prick Brian Moore and the biased boyo.

And knowing the Beeb, it's only be Leicester, Wasps and Johnny Wilkinson getting any coverage.
[/b]

Well they manage to avoid doing that with MotD...at least not to the degree the ITV did. They were truly woeful. I support a less fashionable team and I feel pretty fairly represented by the flagship show.

If they did the same with RotD then everyone would be happy. Inverdale, Healey and Dawson would be okay at it.

SB

Anyone but Matt Dawson, he's bloody everywhere at the moment, destroying every tv show he takes part in, wouldn't be much of an asset to rugby coverage either.

I hink he's rather good on QoS myself.

But agreed, we don't need him, Healey, Jonothan Davies or Brian Moore doing any coverage on our screens.

I hink he's rather good on QoS myself.

But agreed, we don't need him, Healey, Jonothan Davies or Brian Moore doing any coverage on our screens.
[/b]

Let's add Stuart Barnes to that list.

Keith Woods, Johnno and Dallaglio would do.

To be honest I'd like to see Sky to do more with their coverage of the premiership, not in terms of live matches, although that would be welcome but more in terms of a highlights show, I know there's the Rugby Club, which is great but is more of a magazine type programme whereas something like the European Rugby Special would be a great idea, that was great the other night, with them extolling the virtues of Reggie's passing plus they showed plenty of the action from the weekend which is what you want to see.

To be honest I'd like to see Sky to do more with their coverage of the premiership, not in terms of live matches, although that would be welcome but more in terms of a highlights show, I know there's the Rugby Club, which is great but is more of a magazine type programme whereas something like the European Rugby Special would be a great idea, that was great the other night, with them extolling the virtues of Reggie's passing plus they showed plenty of the action from the weekend which is what you want to see.
[/b]

Whoa there...what about us penniless paupers without Sky?

The beeb can do the highlights.

No reason why you can't have both, you've MOTD on the Beeb and Goals on Sunday on Sky.

Latest posts