• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ruddock brothers cross water to join Leinster

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
S

snoopy snoopy dog dog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/rugby/Ru...il/article.html

CIARAN and Rhys Ruddock — sons of former Wales coach Mike Ruddock — have joined Heineken Cup winners Leinster. The pair, named last month in the Ireland Under-20 squad for the Junior World Cup, have signed development deals with the Irish province.

Lock Ciaran played for Neath last season, while his brother had several games for Swansea and was a member of the Ospreys' academy.

The region were keen to tie down Dublin-born Rhys, a back-row forward who captained Wales Under-16s and skippered Millfield School, but his involvement in Ireland's Under-20 squad helped convince him to head for Leinster.

''Ciaran and Rhys have signed for Leinster,'' confirmed Mike Ruddock, whose wife, Bernadette, is Irish.[/b]

I bet their decision was made easier by Scott Johnson being appointed Ospreys head coach.

I highly doubt that either will feature in the first team next season but they are players to keep an eye out for in future.

Ciaran to be honest is average, he played for Swansea Uni in the Welsh Varsity and he was not that great.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 4 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ciaran to be honest is average, he played for Swansea Uni in the Welsh Varsity and he was not that great.[/b]
I thought the same of Ciaran when I saw him play for the Ireland u20s on a few occasions. Rhys on the other hand was excellent for the Ireland u20s and still has another year of eligibility remaining at that level. Could it be that the Ruddock's arrived as a package deal and one wouldn't come without the other?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Jun 4 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 4 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ciaran to be honest is average, he played for Swansea Uni in the Welsh Varsity and he was not that great.[/b]
I thought the same of Ciaran when I saw him play for the Ireland u20s on a few occasions. Rhys on the other hand was excellent for the Ireland u20s and still has another year of eligibility remaining at that level. Could it be that the Ruddock's arrived as a package deal and one wouldn't come without the other?
[/b][/quote]

I would not put it past it. Ciarain will be a good squad player eventually dont get me wrong but I dont think hes international material where I think Rhys does!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 4 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would not put it past it. Ciarain will be a good squad player eventually dont get me wrong but I dont think hes international material where I think Rhys does![/b]
It's interesting to see that Ciaran Ruddock and Conor McInerney have essentially swapped places from Ospreys to Leinster and vice versa.

Latest posts