• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 06 Xbox. Tim Stimpson

G

Gay-Guy

Well my good freind Doug and I still play this game every weekend as we think it is still the best Rugby game ever (Sorry 08).

He plays as England and I often rotate between NZ and Australia.

He has turned his England team into a formidable unit with stars everywhere. He has the usual suspects, Cohen, Lewsey, Robinson, Wilko, Dallagio, etc.

Usually the only player who I would fear from this team would be Robinson. Actually in the whole game it would be Robinson and Williams who would be scary to mark. Followed closely by Habana, BOD.

However my mate Doug in his scouring of the English countryside for talent on Rugby 06 has unearthed the 06 superstar Tim Stimpson!

He plays Tim Stimpson at fullback (puts Robinson at wing). Honestly this guy Stimpson (who I in my frustration and cursing call him Simpson son of Homer) is almost impossible to mark up and almost impossible to get past.

Despite the stats and what they say Stimpson is as fast and as agile as Robinson and Williams! He is so hard to stop when he brings the ball back and can edge past the fast guys in my AB's. When I decide that I cannot catch him and try to run to meet him at an angle further on, his agility to swerve back inside is painfully hard to stop. He drives me nuts!

Even when I do full team coverage and try and shepherd him into a corner this guy somehow manages to get a tiny edge of a gap and goes through it. It makes me sick watching my mate Doug use him to make the AB backs I use (Howlett, Gear, Kinikinilau, Muliaina, Atiga) look like idiots. Often Stimpson is so fast and agile that he just glides and swerves past these guys with ease.

I often kick it deep but not out and hope to catch Stimpson in his 22 so that I can rush Wilko from a ruck rather than a lineout which gives me a better chance to nail him. A lot of times Stimpson will make good yards if he does not go all the way. Now my mate Doug has realised that bloody Stimpson has a good kick (just like Robinson) and from his own 22 will kick the ball which gets over Gear and rolls into touch inside my 22. So tragic! This guy can kick!

If I play France and hospitalise Wilko with Nyanga....well guess who steps up to do the goal kicking? You guessed it....bloody Stimpson!

Finally that worse thing I hate about Stimpson is that he is a great defender. When I have 2 on one with him...my mate Doug covers both players (sometimes even three) with T Stimpson where it is too hard to try and draw and pass as he hangs off and if I try to sharp step back inside Stimpson then INCREDIBLY Stimpson has the speed to recover and catch up!

Anyway...if you are still playing Rugby 06 on Xbox then I recommend pulling this guy up into the England squad and using him at fullback. He is THE unknown superstar of Rugby 06 and the only thing that he does not have is a star rating even though he is more than one.

HAHAHAHA awesome dude, thats a great write up and read :)

Have you tried him on 08? I think its well worth looking that up.

Also it might be worth looking at the coders or some of the other people in the credits to see if they are in the game. Maybe T.Stimpson is in the credits, and maybe there are a couple more of these guys floating around...

Tim Stimpson is apparently a semi-retired rugby player whom I have never heard of, despite his fantastic representative feats :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Tim Richard George Stimpson (born 10 September 1973 in Liverpool) is a rugby union international full back and Fly Half who is now semi-retired from the game. During his career he played for Wakefield, West Hartlepool, Newcastle Falcons, Leicester Tigers, Perpignan, Leeds Tykes and Nottingham, England and the British Lions.[/b]

Ah, yes, Tim Stimpson. The finest moment of his career was coming on as a substitute fly-half for Wilko at Twickenham in the 2002 routing against a Springboks side who <strike>only looked to injure the opposition because they were a bunch of violent thugs</strike> bravely fought against an infinitely better team. He nailed a touchline conversion at the north end after a Richard Hill Try if memory serves me correctly.

He however did sod all else throughout the rest of his career.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woosaah @ Oct 10 2008, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
HAHAHAHA awesome dude, thats a great write up and read :)

Have you tried him on 08? I think its well worth looking that up.

Also it might be worth looking at the coders or some of the other people in the credits to see if they are in the game. Maybe T.Stimpson is in the credits, and maybe there are a couple more of these guys floating around...[/b]
I doubt if he will be in 08. He is too old now (35?)lol!

Anyway....In real life he had the misfortune of going on the England '98 tour down under....the one where Aus and NZ posted record scores. A lot of players careers got the axe....Stimpson was one of them which is a real shame.

Apparently I heard he was the leading points scorer on the Lions tour to South Africa in 97. If Neil Jenkins was not around he would be the fullback in the tests.

I have also heard he has FIVE premiership ***les with the Tigers.

He is currently also a sought after public speaker.

If i recall, Stimpson was the only player who managed to tackle Lomu when he demolished England in the RWC.

<span style="color:#800080">Im :eek: you have not heard of Tim, He was a hero for Leicester Tigers.

In the 2001 Heineken Cup final against Stade Francais he converted Leon Lloyd's last minute try from the right-hand touchline -- the most difficult position to kick a conversion from for a right-footed kicker -- to take the match from 32-30 to 34-30 to Leicester. This meant that to win the match, Stade would have had to score a try rather than the easier task of their fly-half Diego Dominguez, who kicked all of Stade's points, landing a goal. There were no further scores.

A year later, in the 2002 Heineken Cup semi-final against Llanelli. With only a few minutes remaining, the score was 10-12 to Llanelli, Stimpson having kicked a penalty and converted Harry Ellis' try, Stephen Jones having kicked four penalties for the Scarlets. In windy conditions, Tigers were awarded a penalty at a scrum inside their own half, and Stimpson elected to go for goal from 60m out. The ball hit one of the posts and the crossbar, before going over to give the Tigers a 13-12 lead which they held onto to gain the victory. Tigers went on to win the final against Munster, Stimpson kicking a penalty and a conversion.

</span>

I remember the Llanelli game. Was gutted they lost actually. I seem to remember with one of the kicks Dafydd James was lifted infront of the posts to try and catch the ball before it went over. Unfortunately the ball went through his hands and went over. The sad thing is, James' touch propelled the ball further than it would have gone, if he had let the ball go it would have dropped under the bar.
The only time I think I've ever felt sorry for the Turks. Well, that and when I heard they'd signed Deacon Manu.

Wasn't that the match where Scott Quinnell was a=on a personal mission to decapitate Neil Back?

Oh well...I have to log off now and go to my weekly Rugby 06 game night with my mate Doug.  Yet again I will see that cursed Stimpson carving me up like a turkey straight out of the oven.

I use the All Blacks but really...they suck on 06.  I am tempted to go use South Africa permanently.

Anyway...if any of you live in Auckland and want to play every week against me and my mate Doug...just give me a yell.  My mate Doug has turned England into THE anihilation machine.....he is very hard to beat.  He is like the real life All Blacks....you can beat them...but it is very hard.

Ok...bye for a few hours now....

I'm sure if I got my eye back in on the Xbox (instead of playing 08 on the PC) I'd be able to kick some arse.

Well just got back...was losing all my games with NZ...Stimpson was again doing the damage etc.

So I switched to South Africa.

Stimpson did not score a single try haha!

So it looks like I will be with South Africa permanently. :bravo:

Hmmmm...sounds like a good idea....ok...I will ask around to see who has a video camera.  Then we will set it up.

Then I have to learn how to put it on youtube.

You might actually get me addicted to recording matches and posting them lol!  It might be Doug vs Herbert Game 1, Game 2, Game 3 etc lol!  Might be starting a series lol!

Anyway Doug has a few moves which have surprised me that he came up with himself.  I have to update my tips thread and put them on.

Latest posts