• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

.:: Rugby 08 MUP Roster Development ::.

F

Fa'atau82

This thread is specifically for discussing the official Rugby 08 MegaUpdatePatch roster and it's development.

I am currently researching the data needed to authenticate the accuracy of the MUP roster but it is a long development and i figured that although i am the senior roster editor, it would be good to have some input from others about what you think should be included in the roster. This is not an FAQ, but more of a suggestions box.

Here are the 3 key points of what this roster will achieve:

1. Accurate team and player stats/ratings where possible and a very high degree of player likeness/appearance.

2. Accurate team and player bios/profiles where possible to ensure a high degree of player likeness. This includes Date of Birth, Positions, Weight, Height and other features.

3. Accurate squads and line-ups that will be accurate to who is actually playing in the team currently.

I am making progress quickly in all three areas and this will be realised in the next version of the MUP roster (European Clubs only version).

I will provide regular updates and progress reports in this thread to show where i am and what stage i am at regarding the roster editing.

Your suggestions are very welcome. Please post them here.

The things i'd like to see ideally are players being suggested to be rated higher, as they are becoming good players and deserve recognition in the roster. This would include players like Andrea Marcato, Danny Cipriani, Francois Trinh Duc and up-and-coming players and if you could include a ratings guide, this would help greatly.

The best way for me to read this data is the following:

Name: A Player
Position(s): Scrum-Half
DOB: 17 7 83
Best Skills: (i.e goalkicking, hooking, line-out etc)
Rating: 85

Ideally, i'd rate no higher than 92 and no lower than 68. Otherwise the gap in skills in the actual game is very bad if they meet in a situation, like a 1-on-1. Please be sensible with this, but i will edit the stats accordingly.

Here is a quick guide to what the ratings levels i use and an example of typical players in that category: the ratings are based on current form and actual ability.

1st Tier - 88-92% - example, Fourie Du Preez - 90
2nd Tier - 81-87% - example, Alesana Tuilagi - 85
3rd Tier - 65-80% - example, Fosi Pala'amo - 79

Also, i'd like to have a star player for each team, even poor teams, like Namibia. I will welcome suggestions for star players, but only a maximum of 2 per team, one for the forwards and one for the backs. I will post a definitive team list soon so that we can start researching who would be the best players to pick will be.

Thankyou for your time, with your help we can get this roster finished quicker.

Please post any suggestions or queries here.. apart from the obvious question.. when is it going to be ready.. i can't determine that now, but hopefully in about 2-3 weeks time.

Ok, first up as it is the most current will be a 6 Nations roster update. That will be finished this weekend hopefully.

Then i will continue to update all the other teams, so there will be more updates coming. Not sure how to do them, like Guinness Premiership, TOP14, etc i will decide.

Any ideas from anyone.. what parts of the roster would you like to get first, in terms of playing a competition?

Heineken, RWC, Premiership or TOP14?

Ok, first up as it is the most current will be a 6 Nations roster update. That will be finished this weekend hopefully.

Then i will continue to update all the other teams, so there will be more updates coming. Not sure how to do them, like Guinness Premiership, TOP14, etc i will decide.

Any ideas from anyone.. what parts of the roster would you like to get first, in terms of playing a competition?

Heineken, RWC, Premiership or TOP14?
[/b]

RWC or Heineken

Well, I have completely updated 6 Nations now. Some other teams are done as well, but nothing really finalised. I will just check a few faces are correct and will release it tonight, or tomorrow depending on how many errors there are.

This will need to have the cyberfaces installed as well, but i will give include them with the download if you wish.

http://files.filefront.com/Official+MUP+Roster+Updat0zip/;9914887;/fileinfo.html</span></a>

To install, just put the MUP profile and MUP roster files (either MUP1 or MUP 2) as explained in the README into the rugby 08 saved games, rosters and profiles folder, which is normally in 'mydocuments' for XP or 'documents/earugby08' on Vista.

Nothing has to go into the root directory.

Please test this roster, as far as i am concerned it all works completely, all players are correct, there are no hiddens errors like skintone changes etc, but you may find setplays won't work. I am not sure why this is, but it is not to do with the roster itself, possibly the editor. I found if you change the setplays in the game after you have this problem, it goes away.

Also for users who have had missing textures, i found this happened today for the first time when i adjusted my game graphic settings lower than usual (simple texture, shadows etc) because i had some severe slowdown on replays for some odd reason.

What this did was remove all headgear from all players (i can confirm that headgear can be added to any player and also removed now) and textures like Sackey's and Vainikolo's dreads and also affected unique faces themselves in the detail.

All comments welcome, positive or negative. + Rep welcome.

Thanks to Woosaah, Camberabero, Ciais and kingwilko for the assist. :rolleyes: :bravo:

Supreme work mate !!!

I absolutely love it !!!

there are some things that we can improve, but as a first release it's amazing...

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

As soon as possible i will surf in the squad management mode to take notice of the details we can do better, then i will let you know it.

About next stage of the MUP, for the italian clubs i will update details sooner or later next weeks.

GRAZIE MILLE Fa'atau82 !!!

I have a face previewer now from kingwilko, so i can simply note the faces similar to the real ones. Today i did Fiji, Tonga, Samoa and Japan, and it works really well.. some of the real faces are out of date for these players.

It should be coming quickly now. Not sure what i will do next, but basically i have done 6 Nations, so i will now update all the clubs and National teams, so there will be a 6 Nations roster with updated clubs and also the same but a RWC roster.

So, there will be 2 rosters at some stage and these will be updated accordingly.

Has anyone else got an comments? Was this roster good or bad, is it accurate?

i guys i have a problem whit the roster, because when i gonna load them , the game say unable to load <_< why happening that??!! i put the folders in my domcuments but i cant load, please if someone can help me !!

sorry for my inglish

I think that is my fault, try renaming one of the rosters to just MUP. I labelled them MUP1 and MUP2 as i was not sure if errors had occured.

Just delete one, they are the same thing.. apart from one might have australia stadium bug etc.

So, to recap.. rename MUP1 or MUP2 to MUP. and delete the other one that is left.

Can I already care your roster in one mine existing? or can they work only separately?

@ tamarro

kingwilko might be able to make something that will mix the rosters together, but for the moment they are seperate.

Latest posts