• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 on Windows 7

P

ptimat31

Hi guys,

I've installed W7 RC on my new Mac with bootcamp. It seems that Rugby 08 is not compatible with it even with compatibility mode. Does anyone tried it also ? This may be an issue when all new PCs will be basically installed with Windows 7 !

Cheers,
Mat

installed cricket07 on windows 7 and it ran fine. i had to right click on the exe and set it to windows xp compatibility mode.

it worked yesterday and today I have troubles again. It is very slow... I tried comp mode but with no luck

My computer is an Imac 24'' with Nvidia GT130 video card.

If anyone has an idea, That would be great !

get a pc. i don't quite understand why people buy a mac and run windows on it!!!

yeah that makes no sense, no point running microsoft on a mac, your just going to have to deal with it i think.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woosaah @ Sep 30 2009, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yeah that makes no sense, no point running microsoft on a mac, your just going to have to deal with it i think.[/b]

I'm not running Windows on Mac Os. Basically I'm choosing at startup which OS I want to use. Imac is Intel based and with Nvidia card so no difference.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mat @ Oct 1 2009, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woosaah @ Sep 30 2009, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah that makes no sense, no point running microsoft on a mac, your just going to have to deal with it i think.[/b]

I'm not running Windows on Mac Os. Basically I'm choosing at startup which OS I want to use. Imac is Intel based and with Nvidia card so no difference.
[/b][/quote]

We understand that you are not running windows in a virtual environment within mac os, but the issue could be hardware related. With a mac, you are limited to the hardware that they specify, you don't have the flexibility of choosing various hardware configurations as you would have if you used a PC. as all the Mac hardware seems to be integrated into 1 little box, the graphics may be sharing ram from the PC, using a laptop board inside that shiny little white box or something dumb like that. when it boils down to gaming, a nice tower case with a gaming power supply, decent m/b, cpu, couple of gig ram and a good graphics card will work much better than a machine designed to make make people feel special about their precious selves.

That is absolutely true. I'm an Apple user myself (iPod + iPhone + Mac) and when it comes to gaming, Macs just suck. Even if you've got a top notch one, you'll be facing endless hardware compatibility issues. I'd be playing a simple game, and every time an IM window would pop up, the game would just freeze. <_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
a machine designed to make make people feel special about their precious selves
[/b]

That hurt my feelings. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juan VdS @ Oct 1 2009, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That hurt my feelings. :p[/b]

lol i'm not the greatest advocate for mac, but they have their purpose in life. gaming is not one of those things. it's like buying a 1.5L 4 cyl hatchback and complaining that a subaru wrx will beat you in a drag race.

Yeah... Apple aims towards a completely different scope of things. I'm just fed up with Microsoft and their buggy as heck software, and I coupled that up with the birth of the iPhone to definitely get rid of my PCs. The one thing I dislike about Apple is how they intend to keep track of everything you do with their products, sometimes you feel you aren't totally entitled to them (like when iTunes suddenly decided to upgrade my old iPhone 2G firmware, rendering it totally useless - I now use it as a paperweight). :%#%#:

Yes the iMac uses a laptop style motherboard, laptop spec processor etc. But how demanding is Rugby 08, never played it personally? Have you simply tried downloading the latest graphics card drivers for your (you have to face it) puny GeFroce card. Although it'll work out of the box on Windows 7 (what an awesome OS it really is), you will probably need the latest Forceware drivers to get it running at full wack in games.

Other than that, I'm not entirely sure. Did you have it running fine in an older version of Windows? If you did, it's most likely a sh*t driver from nVidia, and you'll have to wait for a new one to come out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Oct 1 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yes the iMac uses a laptop style motherboard, laptop spec processor etc. But how demanding is Rugby 08, never played it personally? Have you simply tried downloading the latest graphics card drivers for your (you have to face it) puny GeFroce card. Although it'll work out of the box on Windows 7 (what an awesome OS it really is), you will probably need the latest Forceware drivers to get it running at full wack in games.

Other than that, I'm not entirely sure. Did you have it running fine in an older version of Windows? If you did, it's most likely a sh*t driver from nVidia, and you'll have to wait for a new one to come out.[/b]

It did work for a while, quite well actually and then something went wrong. Obvioulsy a driver's mismatch as you suggest it.

Appart from that, my shitty imac as described ?? is perfectly fine for displaying FSX with pretty good level of details in 1920*1200. Of course, some PCs are doing better but I don't really care.

So thanks for your useful comments,

Yeh, driver it is then. You have to realise Windows 7 hasn't been officially released yet. nVidia have a track record for being a little slow at releasing drivers. They're not as bad as f**king Netgear though, I waited years untill they officially released a x64 driver, and still some of their products don't have support!

Had initially encountered this problem first off when I installed Rugby 08 on W7. But you have to downoad either/both of you gfx card driver (regardless whether or not it is a 'run-of the mill card' or not) and directx.

It should run after that.

Although, I do find that the game runs a wee bit slower than normal. Might be to do with that I'm running it on a 64-bit machine.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Latest posts