• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 on xbox360

C

cex panther

why isn't it on the xbox 360 or the xbox at least, they've had enough time to develop it on the 360 havent they?

Gay guy had a theory on why there not releasing an Xbox version & im with gay guy on that theory.

Here's the link:
http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry229534

They did the same thing with there Champions League game. If you look on the hb studio link you will see there is no mention of it coming out on Xbox360. But if you look at the easportsuk link you will see that they ended up releasing a 360 version. (I've got my fingers crossed, hoping that the same thing happens.)

Although with this game they only had to mirror FIFA07 on 360 and tweak it.

HB link:
http://www.hb-studios.com/games.php

EA UK link:
http://ww1.electronicarts.co.uk/games/9843/home/

Well, there's really nothing wrong with Gay-Guy/Your theory.

It's all possible as far as we know. One reason that it would make sense is that many Xbox 360 gamers will currently not think it's coming out on their format and may go off and purchase either PS2 or PC versions.

Then 6 months later out could come the Xbox 360 version and sure enough another copy would have to be bought.

Initial format info off Amazon included Xbox 360. Could HB have made a quick save and said "No not on the 360" to Amazon?

Well, it's all rumour and hopeful theory at this stage, but it would make sense.

Gay Guy presents a good theory and I'd probably think something similar. Why would EA release a rugby game a couple of months before the world cup? You wait until the world cup when interest in rugby is at its peak. I'm still a little surprised with no xbox version unless there weren't enough resources for both gens of xbox.

Iversion, was thinking the same thing about the double dipping. Rugby nuts with an xbox360 would sure as hell get the 360 version as well.

What really remains to be seen is whether it'll just be a graphical improvement (likely), or whether EA is intelligent enough to release a great product at a time when interest would be its peak. If this was the case I'd see the xbox360 version as the "new game" while the other platforms were more like an expansion (limited investment). PC just getting an "expansion" hurts that theory, although EA has neglected PC version of their games lately.

i'll buy 2 copies of 360 version if they announced it

2 X $120.00 is better than 2 x $89.00

then aagin they dont know me

if it came online for xbox360 live

GG's claim at the top end reign - is over

i went down to the local eb and asked the guy if rugby 08 had a release date on the 360. he checked in the computer and it said some time in october. it raised my spirits a lot, cause i already sold my ps2

i went down to the local eb and asked the guy if rugby 08 had a release date on the 360. he checked in the computer and it said some time in october. it raised my spirits a lot, cause i already sold my ps2 [/b]
I might head down to my EB and ask when the X360 version is due out to see if he says the same thing as your EB guy (If he says it's even coming at all). It will be interesting because there is little or o mention of it at all anywhere else.

I don't really give a flying f*** if it's released on X360 to tell you the truth, however it will be very interesting to see if the EB guys say the same thing on this matter.

well i think ea would be stupid not to put it out on 360 with the capabilities that machine has. interesting enough i went to my local HMV about 3 weeks back and they had rugby 07 (not 08) coming out in october on ps2 and 360, which means that there might be a 360 version on the horizon. cool point about the champions league game, hope its the same with rugby, would love to see it on next gen. OOOFFF the graphics!! :bana:

If I remember correctly Madden 06 was delayed by a few months when brought out to the 360!

well i think ea would be stupid not to put it out on 360 with the capabilities that machine has

Doesn't matter what the capabilities are if they don't make a new engine, and I really doubt they'd create a new engine (well at least work on some fifa/madden engine) and only release it on the 360. '07 for 360 will probably be updated graphics and interface but the same core. Doesn't stop me from hoping they're going to pull something out for the world cup considering it's marketing potential and the extra development time they've had. Rugby '08 on madden engine with solid AI? Probably only in our wildest dreams :(

well i think ea would be stupid not to put it out on 360 with the capabilities that machine has

Doesn't matter what the capabilities are if they don't make a new engine, and I really doubt they'd create a new engine (well at least work on some fifa/madden engine) and only release it on the 360. '07 for 360 will probably be updated graphics and interface but the same core. Doesn't stop me from hoping they're going to pull something out for the world cup considering it's marketing potential and the extra development time they've had. Rugby '08 on madden engine with solid AI? Probably only in our wildest dreams :( [/b]

They'd never use the Madden engine, the last couple and this version are built on the old Fifa engine which (for some reason) isn't compatible with the 360. Hense, no version (yet).

And considering how **** the Madden 07 Engine was, god help us if they ever make a build on that.

it would most probably be more work to manipulate a present engine than actually make a new one.i think there should be a rugby engine,but then seeing the tremendous effort EA have done on 08 "current gen" i think they'll be to worn out to work on new engine for rugby next gen. But in all seriousness, wee need rugby nxt gen. PS2 is way past it, 360 and ps3 are the way forward. its like comparing Phil Bennet to James Hook. Bennet was an absolutley phenomenal player in his time (which was about 30 years before my birth) but he's moved on and aged (like the ps2) , where as Hook is the Next big thing, and we have only seen glimpses of what he can do, and is yet to fill his full potential. Hook is being prevented from achieving his potential from the evil coach (Jenkins/EA) who still believe that the older model can compete (not gonna name who?? :p ). we want nxt gen rugby!!! :cheers:

Its better than having the fifa engine! [/b]
How can you make the comparison when the madden engine has never been used? Don't get me wrong I think the Fifa engine would be better, however I can't know for sure and say it is better because I've never played it with the Madden engine because it has never been made with the Madden engine :)

Its better than having the fifa engine! [/b]

That's either "+1 PostCount" or a poor attempt at wit.

The mechanics of the game work perfectly well on what is a very solid platform to develop on (don't start all that "Fifa is crap rubbish", even games built on the Half Life source code could be rubbish, gameplay has nothing to do with the engine), it is the AI that lets it down. If anything, the Fifa engine is the smothest and best choice availible (especially when you consider how stop-start-reset Madden is in comparrison).

When you consider how clunky Madden is (especially 07 on the 360), Rugby would be taking a backwards step and the developers would have to start from scratch coding the whole thing.

<div class='quotemain'> Its better than having the fifa engine! [/b]

That's either "+1 PostCount" or a poor attempt at wit.

The mechanics of the game work perfectly well on what is a very solid platform to develop on (don't start all that "Fifa is crap rubbish", even games built on the Half Life source code could be rubbish, gameplay has nothing to do with the engine), it is the AI that lets it down. If anything, the Fifa engine is the smothest and best choice availible (especially when you consider how stop-start-reset Madden is in comparrison).

When you consider how clunky Madden is (especially 07 on the 360), Rugby would be taking a backwards step and the developers would have to start from scratch coding the whole thing.
[/b][/quote]

I like FIFA but feel that the madden engine wuld be better. To me Fifa seems a tad slow in response and I do prefer the madden engine to it!

Latest posts