• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

rugby 08 or 06

Averaging gameplay and features, which Rugby game did you like more since PS2?

• Rugby (EA's first PS2/PC attempt)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Rugby '04

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Rugby '05

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rugby '06

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Rugby '08

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • World Championship Rugby

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Rugby Challenge 2006

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

waikatocheif

Academy Player
hey guys just wondering what gameplay do you like more 08 or 06.

i think 06 was clearly the better game because it has the option of changing the rugby world cup schedules, has lions tour, and more comps like 10 nations etc etc.

but i enjoy rugby 08's actual gameplay as you can see where the ball will land and that where as 06 you cant.

but i liked how 06 was an actual challenge on elite and only certain players could break through (impact players and benblair(highlanders, matt rodgers) etc etc
which made it more harder/funer to play because rugby 08 is just to easy even on elite as you can simply even sidestep a defender fend the fullack use speed or whatever it just dosnt feel realistic unlike 06

also 06 has correct faces ie liam messam is black on it.(not being racist lol) but hes white and sucks on 08
and the 06 teams are almost correct unlike 08 where say paris and tolouse have so many incorect names

I thought the AI was very slightly harder on 08 than 06. Either way I can still put 600 points on Romania...

08 had a great world cup mode but this meant that other tournaments were lost and the game options werent as good. I think they needed to keep the lions tour and ten nations. The trophy cabinet looks empty when you win the game.

Latest posts